Deputy GBV Advisor
SUPERVISOR : GBV Advisor
LOCATION : Damboa with visits to the field
LINE REPORTS : None
He/she will support the Implementation of GBV services in Damboa under the leadership of the GBV Advisor.
I. TASKS DESCRIPTION:
1. Develop Community Linkages and support Community
- Carry out a mapping of all actors responding to GBV in the area and develop a strong network to foster information exchange and synergies, with the support of the GBV Advisor;
- Coordinate with other actors to ensure safe referrals for GBV Survivors;
- Actively participate in local coordination efforts with GBV actors, if any;
- Supervise the implementation of GBV activities, in close collaboration with the medical department including MHPSS team and other GBV actors;
- Ensure the quality of activities through regular monitoring and technical support, data collection and management, and provide guidance in case of difficulties;
- Participate in the development of communication and sensitization tools (posters, leaflets, image boxes…);
- Coordinate and supervise the community mobilization activities in close collaboration with MDM community mobilizers, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders (ex: community, religious leaders, youth or women groups, other NGOs …);
- Make sure data collection of community mobilization activities is done timely and in line with quality standards.
2. Human resource, capacity building / training
- Identify the capacity building needs of MDM’s community mobilizers related to GBV and promote capacity building of staff.
- Collaborate with the medical team for the follow-up of the GBV activities, identify areas to strengthen and propose adjustments to ensure the quality of the medical care for victims of GBV.
- Collaborate with the Mental Health team for the follow-up of the GBV activities, identifies areas to strengthen and proposes adjustments to ensure the quality of the psychosocial support for victims of GBV.
Take part, if necessary, with the MDM team, partners or other actors in advocacy activities.
Provide support in contextualizing and translating advocacy messages in local language when/if needed.
4. Reporting and information management
- Share with the GBV Advisor any difficulties met in the field and propose solutions or adjustments.
- Collect GBV weekly compilations report from supervisors and makes sure data is properly filled in, and then proceeds to data entry in the GBV database;
- Participates in Data crosschecking and analysis of GBV trends with GBV Advisor, suggest adjustments in activities or data collection;
- If needed, participate in meetings with the local Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, Field level Protection Sub Working Group and other stakeholders involved in GBV;
- Participate to internal MDM meetings;
- Contribute to MDM weekly and monthly reports;
- Contribute to improving the overall GBV strategy.
- You will be committed to MdM’s values and be motivated by its non-statutory, Not-For-Profit model.
- Bachelor of Social Science with major in Social Work, Public Health diploma, Gender Studies, or another related field
- 3-5 years professional experience in social services sector experience working with international non- government organizations in sectors focusing on gender, women's empowerment, and/or violence prevention
- Demonstrated experience working in and mobilizing diverse communities and its leaders (traditional and religious leaders, men, women, youth and children)
- Demonstrated experience providing technical support and capacity building to adult learners using various facilitation and learning modes
- Strong understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding gender-based violence
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating trainings and workshops tailored for individuals from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills ; Able to communicate effectively in the public and with individuals
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Languages: Hausa and English, other local languages are considered an advantage (Kanuri, Marghi)
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- He/she works under the direct supervision of the GBV Advisor.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde - France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
This job description can be modified according to changes in MDM activities or in the context. It can be amended at any time after mutual consultation, in order to fit the requirements of the programs
To apply, please submit: a curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one-page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line.
Send to email@example.com
Deadline for submission: 10th May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are unable to accept phone calls.