The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC- ( www.icrc.org ) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral
and impartial. Port Harcourt Sub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below
Protection Field Officer 1
The Protection Field Officer 1 contributes to the implementation and monitoring of ICRC protection activities in the Port
Harcourt Sub Delegation Area of Responsibility.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Implements protection activities under the supervision of the line manager.
- Contributes to analyses of the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC, shares
- relevant information with team members, and reports any change in the situation.
- Contributes to the design and as team member to the implementation of the project
- Collects, compiles and translates protection-related information (with appropriate care for staff risk management).
- Analyses and contributes to written internal reporting and activity programming (institutional exercises).
- Contributes to meaningful internal and external meetings (through preparation, participation, reporting and follow-up).
- Monitors the humanitarian situation and related Protection concerns in the AoR and shares relevant information or situational
- changes with the line manager
- Supports the line manager in reporting and documenting (PROT 6 entries).
- Takes care of the HCiD file of the Sub-Delegation under the direct line management of the HoSD
- Ensures relevant and timely internal reporting and networking with HCiD relevant stakeholders and health facilities
- Contributes to the assessment of RFL needs and participates in field missions to conduct Antenna services for beneficiaries in
- POH AoR
- Contributes to the relevant and timely internal reporting linked to protection activities (Minutes of Meetings, BOR, montly
- analytical reports, PCP analysis, cases and reports);
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
Education and experience required
- University degree or relevant professional experience
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Computer literacy
- 3 years previous experience for instance as social political economic science or similar field
- 1-2 years ICRC or other humanitarian agency experience an asset
- Excellent networking and diplomatic skills;
- Very good drafting as well as analytical reporting capacities;
- Very strong capacities to develop strategies and plan of actions and to implement them;
- Ability to handle various thematic files in a transversal manner;
- Capacity to work in a team, but also to act independently and to take initiative;
- Excellent communication skills; able to represent ICRC and ICRC institutional positions to external audiences.
Method of Application
Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “Protection FO PoH" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this
subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 26.04.2019, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to
provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org