The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Reproductive Health Manager
The Reproductive Health (RH) Manager is the focal point for the IRC’s Emergency Reproductive Health services in Gwoza and MMC/Jere LGAs (Borno State). The RH Manager ensures that proposed RH interventions are guided by IRC and donor guidelines and are aligned with WPE activities within the Comprehensive Women’s Centers (CWC), and Health mobile outreach activities located in Gwoza.
He/she reports to the Senior RH Manager and works closely with the RH, Health and WPE Managers in those program sites where he/she will be supporting the RH program teams and activities.
Under the supervision of the Senior RH Manager, the RH Manager is responsible for:
Program support & development
- Ensuring that proposed emergency RH interventions are guided by guidelines and protocols, including the following services/activities: Family Planning, STIs prevention and treatment, Post Abortion Care, ANC/PNC, Facility deliveries, Emergency Obstetric Care (BEmONC) or referrals for CEmONC, and Clinical Care for Survivors of Sexual Assault (CCSAS);
- Ensure that all stated RH goals and objectives are met, that projects are monitored, and that reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- Work closely with the IRC’s WPE and Health teams at the field level to insure coordinated and integrated activities within the CWCs and mobile outreach clinics respectively.
- Provide technical oversight to field-based reproductive health staff of Gwoza and MMC/Jere in the area of RH, with an emphasis on staff capacity building, supportive supervision and mentorship.
- Supervise the RH Community Mobilization strategy in Gwoza and MMC/Jere;
- Work with the M&E team to ensure the smooth running of the M&E system: from data collection and facility level to weekly data compilation reports, databases and analysis of the data to inform decisions and report-writing.
- Assisting the Senior RH program Manager in proposal writing for RH funding opportunities;
- Continuously assessing RH needs and suggesting new projects to address identified unmet needs;
- Promoting a culture of learning whereby lessons-learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Grants Management & Reporting
- Manage and oversee all the RH budget lines by means of workplans, spending and procurement plans to ensure that project deadlines are met and targets achieved;
- Participate in Budget monitoring meetings, Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings;
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required;
- Undertake RH capacity-development activities/training for RH and clinical health staff;
- Work closely with Health Managers to build their capacity to oversee RH activities.
Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders - including community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations and other IRC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate;
- Represent the IRC in coordination mechanisms and meetings with other agencies, including the Ministry of Health, WHO, UNFPA and other UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, or donors.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Senior RH Program Manager
Position directly supervises: MMC/Jere and Gwoza RH Teams
- Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal contacts: Health Coordinator, other Program Coordinators and Program Managers, Senior Program Coordinator
- Other external contacts: Relevant other stakeholders e.g. UN bodies, local and national Update
- Health professional (MD, RN, PA or CO) with strong public health background, MPH a plus;
- 3 years’ experience in coordinating, implementing and managing reproductive health programs in emergency contexts and/or refugee settings;
- Experience in providing technical support to reproductive health staff in a complex setting;
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision;
- Ability to validate and interpret health data;
- Demonstrated ability to support and build staff capacity;
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member;
- Fluency in English and Hausa;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to live in a high security environment;
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. However, Candidates from Gwoza LGA will be given priority