Head, Internal Control Officer at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: 25 April, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Poverty Reduction and Rural W
Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative, a microfinance institute whose Head office is located in Lagos is currently seeking to recruit the services of:
Head, Internal Control Officer
- To design and supervise the implementation of an effective internal control and audit framework for the bank.
- To investigate all cases of non-compliance or infractions of internal policies and procedures or external regulatory standards, making recommendations to management as applicable.
- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy and framework for the ban Plan and control audit activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives within the country
- Identify control lapses/policy inadequacies through investigations for process improvement
- Design audit work plan for the year and coordinate audit activities across regions
- Oversee activities of regional audit teams for maximum effectiveness
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at branch, area and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues
- Receive and review all monthly regional audit and control reports and identify issues for necessary action.
- Carry out periodic stocks and staff audit in all branches.
- Carry out periodic price verification and certification and certificate of payment vouchers
- Conduct periodic checks on payroll.
- Ensure the periodic reconciliation of transaction are carried out.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and necessary action taken on the outcome
- Work with Finance department and external auditors in the successful conduct of comprehensive audit exercise
- Make recommendation for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control
- Appraises subordinates promptly and objectively, and follows up on action points resulting from the appraisal
- Takes responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board
- A good bachelor degree/HND in Accountancy, plus professional accounting certification. MBA or MSC will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a reputable firm, Experience in a microfinance bank setting in related role is an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Strategic thinking
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details
- Team building skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- HR/Admin Assistant at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- Know More About The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)Similar Jobs
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Finance & Grants Officer at Plan International
- Senior Executive, Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst at Nielsen Company
- Account Officer at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Lead Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates