Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO)
Ref Id: 103261BR
Skillpool: Contracting and Procurement
- Develop commercially competitive project sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the Business demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP and Project Standards as an overall ‘guidance’.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously driving value improvement targets.
- Effectively manage contract claims and variations to achieve the best commercial outcome for the project team
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Company’s personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (E.g: HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (E.g: Production, Wells, Projects, Operations, LMMM, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team (only relevant for certain spend categories).
- Provides extensive coaching, support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Build effective working relationships with others and make constructive contributions within immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, Ethics & Compliance, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
- The FPSO Contracting and Procurement Lead shall have minimum Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering with at least 10 - 15 years’ experience including proven long term comprehensive experience in Contracting and Procurement.
He/She shall meet the following requirements:
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Professional CP Qualification (e.g. MCIPS - Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, ISM) would be an advantage.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Mix of operational experience and global/regional corporate roles, multiple LoB
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a ‘must have’ in all CP
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, enterprise first
- Understands business and speaks business language
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience
- Proven track record of commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Enables and empowers team to contribute, recognises people (Engage & Perform)
- Passionate about developing people
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability.
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- Demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Farm Engineer at Karamson Farms
- Principal SPM & Oil Offloading System Construction Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Utility Operations Advisor (UOA) at RTI International
- Non Maximum Demand Metering Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
- Engineering and Production Manager at Global Marori Rice Limited
- Engineer at DeltaComGroup
- Motor Driver/Mechanic at Stag Engineering
- Electrical Installation Technician at Stag Engineering