Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Project Control and Performance Assurance
Ref Id: 103276BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and Implement Project Cost and Schedule Management Plan and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for a large and complex deepwater project and populate with data from project cost estimates.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost, Time and Resources (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
- Roll-out Company standard cost control tools and processes appropriate for each development phase of a project throughout the project life cycle.
- Provide strategic analyses and normalisation of a large amount of bidder’s assumptions / qualifications impacting risk profile and cost to accomplish bid evaluation for various EPC contracts.
- Support the delivery of annual Business Plans for the Project working closely with Finance.
- Manage LE/VOWD/Accrual Process for project Front End Engineering Design activities.
- Develop a model to monitor Contractor Cost Performance, KPI for early warning system and advise strategic steps for Contractor performance recovery.
- Set-up and manage SAP process for PR/PO/Invoice Payment Process.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorisation for Expenditure (AFEs).
- Support the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
- Develop Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub projects.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
- Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing a cost management structure in early project phases.
- Support the Cost Estimator in developing a probabilistic cost estimate.
- Contribute to professional development of less experienced professionals through coaching and training in cost control tools and techniques.
- Comply with Company Life Saving Rules and all relevant HSSE Rules and Regulations, Business Ethics, Compliance and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) rules.
- Understand local content risks and incorporate any impacts to the cost control management systems.
- Assess productivity norms, benchmarking cost data for in-country project activities and other global locations.
- Support the Project Services Manager to develop strategy and structure for a strong execute phase Cost Control Team to manage large scale international EPC Contractors.
- Comply with Project Services standards, guides and Project Services management manual.
- Develop and Assure the Project Control sections of Contract documents upon the award of various EPC contracts.
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with other project Technical Leadership Team (TLT) members, Business Opportunity Manager (BOM) and other Company internal stakeholders, EPC contractors and other vendors as and when needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- The Cost Control and Performance Assurance Lead shall have an Engineering degree and/or Certified as Cost Controller and Performance Assurance at Lead Role Capacity with minimum of 10-12 years industry experience in Cost Control and Estimation in the Oil & Gas industry including Five (5) + years in management/leadership roles working seamlessly with Planning /Cost Control/Risk Management Professionals.
He/She must meet the following requirements:
- An accredited Project Services Cost Engineer Level 2 or equivalent international project cost and control assessment.
- Have an understanding of deepwater developments and projects delivery in a challenging environment. Experience in deep water cost estimating is an advantage.
- Fully versed with the use of Cost controls and Cost Estimate guides and tools (including Company cost estimating tool or equivalent) and with practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Fully conversant with various assurance processes such as Cost & Schedule Risk Assessment, Value Assurance Reviews, Estimate & Schedule Assurance Reviews, etc during Front End Engineering Design.
- Must be confident and able to establish credibility with staff, peers, Global Discipline Head, Technical Authorities and Project Management Team.
- Have proven interpersonal and relationship skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Able to work with, and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. Maintain composure under pressure.
- Able to develop team members and other less experienced professionals through coaching and training.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage.
- Be proactive, collaborative and adapt to ways of working in a complex deepwater project to ensure collective ownership of an outcome developed towards meeting a project intent.
- Demonstrates high level of personal integrity, with ability to maintain confidentiality in delivering standard, consistent and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to a project in a dynamic environment.
- Skilled in developing framework for Contingency Management and Contingency Drawdown.
- Able to lead and integrate various functions/stakeholders in managing a credible cost control/forecast for EPC contracts and overall Project Cost in accordance with established governance processes.
- Able to support a complex mega project team spread across various geographical locations via virtual working.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Cementing Specialist at WTS Energy
- Mechanical/Painting Supervisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- HDPE / PET Blow Moulding Supervisor / Operative at Candel Company
- Shelter Technical Assistant (Social) at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Shelter Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Construction Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Project Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Project Interface Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited