Critical Rescue International (CRI) was founded in 2001 as Nigeria’s first advanced paramedic (Emergency Medical Services) company. Over the ensuing years, we have developed a strong international reputation in the areas of health information and advice, medical assistance, primary healthcare, emergency and non-emergency medical response, benefits administration, and industrial health services.
Mental Health Operations Manager
- Personal values
- Passionate about Mental Health
- Understands concept of wellbeing and promotes mental health wellbeing
- Commitment to own personal and team development
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counselling and an MSc. in Clinical Psychology level or
- Should have an MBBS and should have completed a residency program in Psychiatry
- Certifications and knowledge in the use of psychological assessment tools and psychotherapy
- Ability to keep up with current trends of practice
- Must have completed the N.Y.S.C
Experience and abilities
- At least three years’ experience in developing and executing mental health services
- Knowledge of EAP and Psychometric testing
- Project management skills and experience Proven track record in leading on Projects within the mental health and wellness
- Ability to write high quality proposals and service reports
- Able to Establishes staff and provider schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care. Works with Administration to ensure
- Understands how to create and alter provider templates
- Able to orientate and rotate office staff through various office duties to ensure cross coverage in all job areas.
- Able to set departmental goals and monitor staff progress toward goals.
- Able to conduct and manage office staff meetings regularly.
- Able to ensure patient satisfaction surveys are distributed and results tallied and reported monthly.
- Able to ensurethat service provider templates are used appropriately.
- Able to administer HR policies and procedures and ensure staff compliance.
- Able to ensure staff meets deadlines on projects assigned i.e. annual training, health requirements.
- Experience of putting together viable budgets for mental health services
- Ability to lead and motivate a project team to get the best out of individuals
- Understanding of services for people with Mental Health issues.
- Ability to react immediately, yet calmly, to crisis situations and quickly build rapport with your callers
- Should also be able to maintain professional boundaries and be able to effectively manage high levels of stress.
- Ability to monitor service operations
- Experience in training and research
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Ability to critically evaluate business development opportunities
- Ability to plan workload considering conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines and support others to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent to analyse data and prepare professional documents
- Managing others
- Experience of encouraging the development of staff at all levels
- Ability to encourage innovation and continuous improvement when managing projects
- Ability to coach and mentor team
- Managing relationships
- Encourages team working and skills sharing
- Encourages an open, positive and outward-looking culture by role modelling
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application along with CV and copies of all supporting documents listed above merged into one pdf file