Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) Specialist - Nigeria WATIH
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking applications from qualified AGOA Specialists to provide support to a $86-96 million, USAID-funded Trade and Investment Hub Activity in West Africa.
- The purpose of the Activity is to improve the competitiveness of West African farmers and firms. This will be accomplished by increasing productivity, market participation, investment and adoption of improved technologies.
- USAID defines agriculture competitiveness as the ability of a farm, firm, sector, or country to sell and provide goods and services in a given market - in relation to the ability and performance of other farms, firms, sectors or countries in the same market.
Position Description/ Responsibilities
- The AGOA specialist will assist private sector firms and associations in AGOA-eligible countries of West Africa to identify opportunities in US markets and meet their standards and the requirements for benefiting from the act’s preferential trade provisions.
- S/he will provide guidance and support the development of regional or national strategies to increase AGOA utilization.
- BA/BSc in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Commercial Law, Finance and International Trade, or a related field;
- Five (5) years of experience, or an MBA or law degree with two years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated success linking firms with AGOA-related opportunities;
- Ability to design and lead regional trainings on AGOA requirements;
- Ability to work directly with firms and associations to understand and comply with AGOA and other trade related requirements to the U.S. market;
- Knowledge of US markets for West African manufacturing and processed agricultural products and ways to access these markets and promote West African products;
- Fluency in both French and English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.