Chef at Golborn
Posted on: 6 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Golborn
Golborn is the agency that takes concepts and turns them into effective plans, businesses and initiatives through thorough research, effective planning, relatable branding and efficient execution and resource management.
We create market friendly strategies and operate a data driven model that guarantees results and profit for all our clients.
Details: We are looking for a Chef for a high-end restaurant in Owerri to prepare delicious meals for our customers.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Resident of Owerri or willing to move to Owerri
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred
Method of Application
This position is no longer receiving applications.
- Know More About GolbornSimilar Jobs
- Pizza Chef/Cook at MBO Audit & Consult
- Chef/Cook (Pasta) at MBO Audit & Consult
- Baker & Pastry Chef at Louis Valentino Nigeria Limited
- Cake Decorator at Simeon's Pivot
- Experienced Hire at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Cook and Assistant Cook at Masters Ville Children School
- Chef /Manager at Royal Marble Hotels
- Catering Assistant at Whytecleon