Director, Client Readiness - West Africa at Visa Incorporated
Posted on: 28 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Visa Incorporated
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
Director, Client Readiness - West Africa
- Client Support Services (CSS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to Product and Technology functions, bringing the voice-of-the-customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services.
- Within CSS is the Client Readiness function that supports the implementation of Visa’s core and digital emerging products and services and manage a variety of enterprise product initiatives for Visa Inc. issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants.
- This is an individual contributor role responsible for working with internal stakeholders and external Visa client banks, processors, vendors and service providers to implement projects related to Visa emerging products and services.
- This role serves as a technical and functional specialist that requires strong execution and analytical abilities and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- The applicant should have Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas such as card payment systems, products and services, payment technologies, gained through years of experience supporting clients and new product initiatives/existing product enhancements within a payment processing environment.
- The Client Readiness Director will play a consultative role during pre-project engagements with key clients and internal cross-functional teams to understand the scope of client needs and partner with Product on defining unique solutions where applicable.
- The successful candidate will take a leading role in planning efforts across various product groups, technical solutions architects, Visa Technology groups, Visa Innovation Center and regional Visa CSS functional teams prior to general availability of new/enhanced products/services with continues client support for optimization of the product/service once commercially launched.
- Partner with Product at the early stages of development activities to represent the needs of the CSS organization
- Work with stakeholders in Client Support Services (CSS), non-CSS organizations, Core Product and Digital Solutions Product teams to analyze requirements of new core products, digital products and services or initiatives to support the business, and formulate implementation and support solutions
- Incubate and refine implementation processes and procedures for new product/services to a high degree of accuracy in their efforts to transition the implementation of these products/services to the business as usual (BAU) implementation teams as a stable, repeatable and scalable process.
- Confidently manage client implementation projects involving non-BAU products and services including Visa digital solutions such as Visa’s push payment and other digital products
- Deliver comprehensive training and create relevant materials and artifacts such as implementation processes, implementation guides, presentations, forms, project plan, FAQs on new Visa products and services for internal CSS Implementation Consultants and Account Managers and use developed implementation artifacts to handover the implementation when they are ready to move to BAU
- Build and maintain relationships with key senior business leaders in the Visa Technology, CSS, Product, Sales, and strategy organizations to insure that Readiness can support the deployment of all new products/services.
- Subject matter expert in client configurations with deep understanding of client integration requirements to support Visa API products with VisaNet processing in addition to interoperability and dependencies that should be considered to minimize risk
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert, explaining methodologies to different levels of individuals, both internal and external
- Constantly create good functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, by being able to speak confidently and displaying a professional presence
- Be accountable for delivering agreed objectives
- Assume appropriate decision-making authorities to ensure flawless execution of business objectives
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and/or new methodologies to improve departmental efficiencies and service delivery to clients
- Identify improvement opportunities to existing products or services.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a Business/Project Management / Information Technology role including 3-5 years as an SME in a technical service or product
- Strong knowledge in digital payment products & processing including Visa push payments, Visa Risk Products and Visa Token Service using APIs
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions & strategies
- Ability to make decisions involving complex business and technical solutions where little or no precedence exists
- Innovative and agile with ability to adapt to market needs and changing environment
- Ability to view challenges strategically and keep pace with the demands of the business by anticipating problems and identifying opportunities then proposing appropriate solutions
- Ability to apply understanding of systems and processes coupled with analytical ability to solve complex problems involving interfaces between various systems within organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholder at senior management levels
- Ability to communicate recommendations to senior leaders in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under pressing deadlines.
- Team collaboration demonstrated by desire and willingness to share knowledge with a broader team, be receptive to new ideas and changes to the standard operational procedures
- Constantly keep current with development within Visa and the industry, so as to be able to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Good analytical skills, not just for problem analysis, but to use technical acumen for reviewing appropriateness of technical or project documents and in integrating systems solutions
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Candidate with French speaking ability will have an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Visa Incorporated career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
- Know More About Visa IncorporatedSimilar Jobs
- Head, Strategy & Planning (Oil & Energy) at KPMG
- Key Account Manager at Hazon Holdings
- Business Development Manager at Pivotage Consulting
- Business Development Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Sales ICT Executive at Lotad Nigeria Limited
- Beauty Advisor at Health Plus Limited
- Area Manager at Health Plus Limited
- Area Manager (CASABELLA) at Health Plus Limited