- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Lead Pipeline Engineer at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
Posted on: 28 November, 2018
Deadline: 29 November, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into the this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
Lead Pipeline Engineer
- To take a lead role in the delivery of the design of subsea pipelines, risers and tie in spools
- Provide leadership within discipline in the delivery of subsea projects
- Contribute to the development of team members.
- Contribute to the technology development of the team.
- Contribute towards bids and tenders.
- Undertake & check calculations.
- Write and check project deliverables.
- Perform all reasonable job tasks required by line manager.
- Review Client's technical documentation and requirements.
- Prepare the design basis for the pipeline design and interface with the relative process and structures and installation.
- Prepare the technical specifications and data sheets for material purchasing.
- Check the results of surveys carried out by sub-contractors.
- Optimize the laying route.
- Assist with the selection of laying spread/methods and perform/review installation design analysis for the pipeline system.
- Contribute to the bid evaluation and procurement phases.
- Compile the alignment sheets and design manual.
- Verify and act upon the remarks of the Client/Certifying Body.
- Assist the pipeline lead or the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting the procurement department
- Perform/verify all discipline analyses and calculation notes required to design the pipelines system, including the engineering activities of third parties/sub-contractors.
- Define standards and procedures for the relative engineering area and contribute to software evaluations.
Skills Required (Background, Experience and Qualifications)
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-graduate experience in the field of pipeline design.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas Subsea Engineering industry.
- Previous experience undertaking the detailed design of pipelines and risers.
- HND or higher in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Dynamic Pipeline analysis (e.g. Wall thickness, on bottom stability, UHB, Spanning, Expansion, tie in spool stress analysis, riser analysis).
- Experience with software’s such as MathCad and Abaqus to assess pipelines and pipeline components
- Check isometrics, general arrangement, field layout, alignment sheets & approach drawings.
- Understanding of the principles of fatigue.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Full command of English language.
- Good computer literacy with particular competence in MS office software.
- Demonstrate specific knowledge and practice of ASME B31.4 & 8 and applicable pipelines ASME standards, design, construction, operation, pipelines analysis.
- Experience with stress analysis using Autopipe.
- CP and coating considerations.
- Preparation of line pipe specifications and data sheets.
- Knowledge of Pipeline Installation & Fabrication.
- Experience of pipeline pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com
- Know More About Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)Similar Jobs
- Marine Engineer Artificer - A1 at Nigerian Navy
- Weapon Electrical Artificer - A2 at Nigerian Navy
- Aircraft Engineering Artificer (Airframe Engine) - A3 at Nigerian Navy
- Hull Engineer Artificer at Nigerian Navy
- Automobile Mechanic - B4 at Nigerian Navy
- Marine Engineer, Mechanics - B1 at Nigerian Navy
- Dockyard Mechanic at Nigerian Navy
- Hull Mechanical/Fitter - B3 at Nigerian Navy