Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia - The Board of Management hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Medical Director/Chief Executive Officer
Location: Umuahia, Abia
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than Twelve (12) years Postgraduation.
- Candidates must possess a current Practising Licence from MDCN.
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Candidates must be medically fit: (Attach Evidence).
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity.
- Candidates must NOT be more than 57 years on the date of appointment.
- Evidence of Medical research is an added advantage.
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology is an added advantage.
- Attraction of funded grant(s) by individual candidate is an added advantage.
Salary & Allowances
- The Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of Application Letters with Credentials and Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first).
- Place and date of birth.
- Permanent Home Address.
- Local Government of Origin.
- State of Origin.
- Marital Status and Number and ages of Children.
- Extra Curriculum Activities.
- E-mail address/Phone number.
- All schools attended with Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Previous Employment indicating post and dates.
- Present Employment and post/with dates.
- Research and publications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Association/s.
- Titles of Conferences:Workshop attended.
- The names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate's academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next Four (4) years in not more than 1000 words. All Application should be addressed and submitted in a sealed envelope to:
The Head of Administration/Secretary to the Board,
Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia,
Note: Candidates are to strictly abide by the contents of the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.