Human Dynamics is a specialized provider of consulting services for public sector clients, with a focus on transition and developing countries. We deliver technical development aid assistance on behalf of major international donors, principally the European Union, and we work toward achieving real progress in combating some of the most difficult international development issues.
Senior WSSS Policy Advisor
Project: Technical Assistance for Implementation of Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRP III)
Duration: 150Work Days
- The Technical Assistance Team (Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG) is seeking the services of qualified experts who will provide technical expertise under the European Union funded Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme, Phase III in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau states.
Scope of Work
The Senior Policy Advisor will provide technical support inter alia in the following areas:
- Carry out an analysis of each State Policy and legislation to determine its efficacy as It pertains to commercialisation of the water and sanitation sector;
- Develop scenarios for future water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services for each State, also involving the private sector;
- Support the development of a database management system to ensure that data is property kept and available for future use;
- Propose policy interventions and reforms to address the identified policy gaps/conflicts/overtaps and impacts;
- Support in the establishment/development of Five-Year Financial Plan, water utilities asset management plan and database, and utility metering and tariff policy.
- Present findings to stakeholders and reach consensus on recommendations.
Required Profile of the Experts
- Master's Degree in Planning and Management, Water Engineering, Policy Development, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies, Law, Social Sciences, Finances or other relevant discipline
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills;
- Fluency In English.
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility in water sector institutional issues and/or water sector regulation/commercial studies;
- Commensurate experience in two or more relevant fields e.g. Water Policy development, Strategic plan development, water utility accounting systems, tariff billing and metering systems in utilities.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years experience in water sector related policy development with a broad range of experience in water regulation, development of strategic plans, water utility accounting systems, etc.
- Must have good experience in sub-Saharan Africa; experience in Nigeria and any of these beneficiary state in particular would be an advantage;
- Experience in managing, facilitating / conducting community water and sanitation meetings and capacity building. This will include wide experience in designing guideline, training tools and instruments for commercialization.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com