The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded its scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa and Borno States. The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated health and nutrition services, as well as reproductive health care and women protection services In 2015 IRC Nigeria developed a five-year long term Strategy Action Plan, which prioritized Safety, Education, Economic Wellbeing and Power.
Primary Health Care (PHC) Consultant
About the Consultancy Service
- The International Rescue Committee is currently expanding its operations and with the changing dynamics on talent management and work force planning, there is an urgent need to consistently build the capacity of community health workers to equip them with the basic knowledge they need to comfortably execute their roles and responsibilities.
- The consultancy service aims to provide dedicated capacity building on Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) with particular focus on coordination, social mobilization, community engagement and epidemiological surveillance, HMIS training - Depending on training needs.
Duration of the Consultancy Service:
- The time and duration shall be determine in line with respective training needs and objective as shall be articulated by the International Rescue Committee. The trainings will be delivered in Maiduguri.
- The consultant will prepare a training plan including objective, training methodology for the training. This will be reviewed and agreed by the Training Focal Person of IRC or his designate and the consultant.
Profile of Consultant
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in providing capacity building services
- Include references of previous work
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have prior experience and adaptive to different cultures
- The terms of payment shall be discussed at the initial stage prior to starting the consultation.
- The payments will be made in form of cheques/or direct bank transfer in the name of the consultant or firm named in the contract.
- IRC will deduct with-holding tax at source as per the rules of taxation governing IRC operations and it will be deposited directly to custodian of such tax.
- No other benefits shall be admissible beyond what is stipulated in the contract, nor does it guarantee a regular position in IRC.
- All the outputs - Reports, data base, etc. produced from this assignment will not be disseminated in part or whole without express authority, in writing from IRC. Thus the consultant shall not produce these materials in any form (electronic, hard copies, etc.) to a third party without a written permission from IRC.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Institutions/ Consultants should read and strictly follow the detailed Terms of Reference and submit both technical and financial proposals to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Please indicate “Consultancy service for the Provision of Capacity Building for Emergency Preparedness and response (EPR) and HMIS” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.