Human Resources and Admin Manager at Adexen
Posted on: 6 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, a key player in the Transportation and Logistic sector is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Human Resources and Admin Manager
Job Reference: 1510
Industry: Logistics & Transport
- Provide the right mix of human resource and administrative support services in line with the company’s policies.
- Develop and implement HR Systems, Policies & Procedures in functional areas such as manpower planning, recruitment, performance management, training and development, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration in the Company.
- Assess the Company’s Human Resource needs and develop an approved plan of action to address the needs within the broad direction provided by the company.
- Ensure that all company HR and welfare policies, systems, programs and actions comply with local social and labour legislations as well as comply with company’s code of conduct.
- Maintain industrial peace and harmony in the company by ensuring unhindered, regular, open, formal and informal communication between employees, their unions and management respectively.
- Collaborate with lines managers under the guidance of the senior management to maintain optimal manning levels in the company and check the incidence of over staffing and inefficient allocation of resources by reviewing the organisation structures at appropriate intervals or when the need arises, and ensuring that jobs are clearly established, described and approved before hiring and by arranging transfers and deployments within the organization.
- Ensure the recruitment, selection and induction of the right employees into positions through a cost-effective, fair and non-discriminatory recruitment and selection process.
- Coordinate the availability and supply of well-trained employees across departments by ensuring the implementation of policies, systems, procedures, programs and actions for identifying needs for delivery of training programs especially the company e-learning facilitation, for performance management, for career and talent management and for remuneration and retention.
- Carry out checks to ensure that the outsourced labour providers comply with the Service Level Agreements as well as the local social and labour legislations in respect of their employees working for the company.
- Provide and maintain welfare, health and safety services for employees such as canteen services, medical insurance or medical services, changing room, recreational facilities, personal protective equipment and uniforms in compliance with legislation, quality and safety standards.
- Administer the Company’s Vehicle Policy and coordinate the repairs, maintenance, licencing and permits and other processes and procedures designed for effective and efficient use of Company vehicles.
- Coordinate the maintenance & repair of company facilities and utilities including payment of power/water Bills for office buildings or company houses as the case may be.
- Ensure that purchase of office supplies, appliances, equipment, utilities and all related services are carried out in a cost-effective manner and that reorder levels, purchase orders and payment processing to vendors are tracked.
- Ensure relevant contracts for office facilities, assets and services are kept in safe custody for ease of retrieval and that they are renewed as required under the supervision.
- Ensure travel arrangements and hotel reservations for all official trips and assignments are carried out in line with company policies and procedures.
- Take charge of the implementation of HR processes such as performance management, leave, and disciplinary procedure in the department as directed by Senior Management in order to attain high standards in performance, completeness, accuracy and punctuality.
- Lead by example with regard to compliance with company and departmental policies and unit work procedures and encourage compliance within department in order to have a focused and aligned work team.
- Take up ad-hoc functional, supervisory, managerial or leadership assignments as may be directed from time-to-time by Senior Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Management courses and Master's Degree preferably MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Human Resource Management in the multi-national company.
- Membership of CIPM, SHRM, HRCI.
- Good knowledge of social and labour laws.
- Ability to influence and operate with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to work with Computer systems and software such as Microsoft office package, HR Information Systems such as Core HR Information System, Learning Management System and Performance Management System for internal promotions.
- Ability to successfully use e-learning system.
- Willingness to work in or travel to any of the locations in Nigeria where and when needed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen career website on www.adexen.com to apply
- Know More About AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Recruitment Coordinator - Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
- Chief Operating Officer at Tomato Jos
- Head, Admin & HR at People Capacity Management
- Head, Admin & HR at People Capacity Management
- Office Assistant at Chuvie Decor
- Deputy Rector at Grundtvig Institute
- Manager, Help to Own - HHH 0116 at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Head of Operations at Deloitte