Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory)
- Responsible for planning, designing and optimization of Core Network platforms.
- To ensure prompt provisioning of Network GSM NSS elements capacity, protocols and features.
- Ensure value created by optimizing business projects/activities by resolving issues with vendors
- Carry out an effective technical feasibility studies and impact analysis for new features and services within the core environment.
- Evaluate the functionality and relevance of new NSS/OSS software and ensure that MTNN takes full advantage of all advanced features made available in new software release.
- Identify new software requirements and participate in the specification of all custom software tools.
- Supervise and justify the timely provisioning of Network capacity for all the GSM NSS elements, features, protocols.
- Supervise the network architecture and topology planning strategies that best serves the growth of the core network in terms of traffic, subscribers and value added service capacity.
- Investigate into technical topics related to core network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE, WIMAX, and SIGTRAN).
- Supervise and maintain processes for Tele-Traffic analysis, network modelling, Hardware dimensioning.
- Provide and support end-to-end integration and input requirements for deployment of new Nodes.
- Ensure that P-Load is not above recommended level, and planning a de-load strategy in situation of high P-Load and maintain other Network KPIs ensuring they are within acceptable limits.
- Intervene in the prioritization of network element deliverables in line with network capacity requirements
- Ensure that statistics related to Network KPIs are being generated and OSS reflects the actual Live Nodes on the Network.
- Maintain good working relationship with all network departments and all associated parties within the company and externally
- Liaise with DCG to ensure timely implementation of SRCs to support optimization effort as well as maintain key vendor relationship.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Set objectives for each team member and monitor performance based on set objectives
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license
Experience & Training
- B.Sc. Electrical/Electronics (Telecommunications) or equivalent.
- 3-7years experience in GSM environment, with emphasis on CN operations and planning
- Experience at interfacing with Vendors and Equipment Suppliers
- Experience in multi-vendor network operations
- Experience at interpreting and aligning different vendors’ Network/Product roadmap towards delivering MTN’s business goals
- Experience in Project Management Methodology.
- Management trainings
- New technologies seminar / training
- GSM / 3G conferences and workshops
- MTN NWG Africa seminars /workshops
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Lead, DCG & Integration (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Budget & Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Treasury Deals-Fixed Income (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, New Ventures at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Fiber Support (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Sales and Trade Development at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- User Interface Designer (UI) at TalentSquare
- Graphic Artist at Enbelo Design & Print
- Graphic Artist at Enbelo Design & Print
- Dot Net Developer at Tenece Professional Services Limited
- Senior Software Developer & Business Analyst at NetPro International Limited
- EOC Admin Coordinator/IT Support at eHealth Systems Africa
- Software & Application (Mobile) Developer at ARM Life Plc
- Linux System Administrator at eHealth4everyone