The University of Lagos was founded in 1962 to provide manpower needs for the newly independent Nigerian Nation. It is a city University located in the commercial city of Lagos. Over the years the University has grown to be the Nations pride and the University of 1st Choice, with about 48,000 students and 4,000 members of staff.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Kinetics
- History and Strategic Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Chemical and Petroleum Engineering (Chemical Engineering Unit)
- Area of Specialisation: Reaction Engineering and Catalysis, Environmental Pollution Engineering and Separation Processes.
Qualification And Experience
- A candidate for this post should normally possess a good first degree and a Doctorate degree in the respective field with not less than five (5) years of teaching and research experience since becoming Lecturer II in a University or comparable institution of higher learning.
- Candidate must possess evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals published both locally and internationally is required in addition to evidence of ability to supervise post-graduate students including doctorate students in areas of expertise.
- Candidate must also have sufficient administrative experience and must have been a Lecturer 1 for a minimum of three years.
CONUASS 5 (N1,653,415.00 - 2,348,299.00) Per Annum.
Condition of Service
As contained in the approved conditions governing service of Senior Staff of the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their Detailed Application which should include candidates Curriculum Vitae as follows:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Phone Number (Mobile)
- Nationality at Birth
- State/Local Government Area/ Ward
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post Secondary Education (including dates and Institution)
- Academic and Professional qualifications (including Distinctions with dates)
- Statements of experience including full details of former and present post
- Current Research
- Details of Publications including: Authorship; Candidates should state their contributions; evidence to support the contribution should be produces where possible.
- Date of publication
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
Applications and supporting materials should be forwarded to the address below indicating the post for which application is made at the "Top Left Corner" of the envelope, and CLICK HERE to complete the online application and attach the "Acknowledgment Print-out" to the hard copy of their application:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources Management Department),
Second Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos,
Akoka - Lagos State.
- In addition to stating names and addresses of three Referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf to the address above
- Candidates should include a bound copy of their publications to their application.