Senior Project Manager - Construction at Banksome Group of Companies
Posted on: 2 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Banksome Group of Companies
BankSome Group of Companies - Our client, a giant player in the Quick Service Restaurant business is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Senior Project Manager - Construction
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- They are looking to hire an experience Construction Project Manager who would be saddled with the responsibility of the construction of their outlets with approved budget and timelines.
Purpose / Role
- Project Manager is responsible for the planning and supervising of a wide range of construction projects from start to finish.
- The Project Manager will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- An excellent Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Compute or modify budget estimates for approval, prepare payment requests for approval, confirm and record payments completed and balances and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports to Management.
- Source qualified Site Foremen (where necessary), skilled and unskilled labourers, manage labour records, manage labour payments, retrieve from site and forward to headquarters the invoices and time sheets, request payments and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Ensure strict adherence to Health and Safety standards and report issues.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Carry out all tasks that are necessary for the construction to commence effectively and complete the start-up checklist for approval.
- Prepare monthly reports, detailing progress and costs for top management.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and accurate project documentation.
- Carry out day-to-day monitoring of progress of work on site, tracking to ensure programme targets are met, planning and implementing remedial measures in case of programme slippage, including feedback information for programme improvement. Carry out early morning daily calls, prepare daily email reports and prepare weekly work programmes.
- Ensuring company HSE policies are correctly applied.
- Maintaining good relations, represent and take care of the company's interests while dealing with clients.
- Carry out initial site visit, document the site characteristics, evaluate the implications of site conditions to construction and prepare a report.
- Prepare or modify the standard contract for site specific issues, discuss it with the Site Foreman and manage it throughout the construction period.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Draft, present and defend realistic budget for the project.
- Determine specifications and required resources within budget.
- Communicate the quality standards, implement procedures to ensure that work meets them, monitor and provide feedback information for improved quality.
- Negotiate and manage third parties and vendors during the execution of the project.
- Measure the project using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Prepare or modify the standard schedule of materials, prepare materials requisitions, confirm orders and deliveries, ensure proper materials acceptance procedures are duly applied, retrieve from site and forward to headquarters the delivery notes and invoices, request payments and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Develop a detailed project plan in phases to track progress.
- Acquire and deploy quality equipment and materials and ensure availability at all times.·
- Weekly report of site progress
Experience / Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Professional membership (COREN, NICE, NSE, etc)
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in construction.
- Soundtrack records and verifiable references.Certification in Project Management courses such as PMP or PRINCE 2.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Good analysis and result interpretation skill.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and follow up skills.
- Considerable problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate working teams
- The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills
Method of Application
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Interested and qualified? Go to Banksome Group of Companies career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
- Know More About Banksome Group of CompaniesSimilar Jobs
- Architect at Doheney Services Ltd
- Contract Delivery and Governance Analyst (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Project Coordinator - KFW at Plan International
- IT Project Manager at GVA Partners
- Arts Project Manager (Maternity Cover) at British Council
- Project Administrator - OFDA at INTERSOS
- Quantity Surveyor at Aideplanet Limited
- Architect/ Interiors Designer at Aideplanet Limited