Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
Business Development Officer (BDO)
Location: Maiduguri, but online support can be accepted for an experienced person
Employment Type: Volunteer/Intern
Duration: 6 months (subject to renewal)
Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Business Development Officer (BDO) lead the Business Development Plan of GREENCODE. The BDO is responsible for reviving old and identifying new funding opportunities in line with GREENCODE’s program priorities, writing successful grant proposal in coordination with program colleagues especially the National Coordinator in addition to strengthening our linkages with local donors, partners and international foundations/donors.
- GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop resource mobilization plans to operationalise the resource mobilisation strategy of GREENCODE.
- Ensure development of regular reports and analysis of the implementation plans, mapping between program priorities and donor opportunities, funding analysis, etc to be used by management for tracking progress against the targets, review and decision making.
- Actively identify grant opportunities and develop grant proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures and in close coordination with National Coordinator, Program staff, Program Areas and target communities where GREENCODE operates.
- Ensure that all categories of program costs are taken into account at the conceptualization and submission stage of grant preparation.
- Monitor, analyze and consolidate relevant grant information and disseminate where relevant within GREENCODE.
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography) in Nigeria.
- Lead on developing and packaging grant proposals to suit the requirements of different donors, including working with the programme communications focal point to develop separate marketing collateral aimed at different audiences (NOs, Institutional donors, Corporate etc).
- Ensure, in coordination with the National Coordinator and head of programme areas, to develop, manage and maintain strategic partnerships with both international and local donor missions, including bilateral and multilaterals.
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional image of GREENCODE among relevant donors and INGO partners.
- Lead on researching where potential opportunities for grant funding can be found.
- Ensuring successful on-going donor relationship management and ‘ownership’ of relations with donor representatives locally.
- Identify and coach/mentor competent staff for grants acquisition and implementation including coaching and mentoring to support their abilities in different fields.
- Co-ordinate with the National Coordinator to strengthen the capacity of staff and partners in building donor relations, generating resources (technical, funding, material) and managing/reporting on grant-funded programs and projects.
- Work with the Finance and Programme staff to ensure the effective utilization of grants monitoring systems in terms of projections and forecasting, the monitoring of expenditure, negotiations with grantors for budget modifications and completion of project reports.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor degree, but Master’s Degree in relevant field is very preferable
- Five years of professional experience of which at least three should have been spent in a resource mobilisation in the development or humanitarian response sector
- Demonstratedtrack record of writing project proposals &obtaining grant funding for development or humanitarian projects or both from institutional donors
- Experience in coaching/mentor, training and facilitation
- Experience in identifying and developing fund raising opportunities
- Experience of working with children and communities and managing child-related program and projects would be an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training or practical experience on grants acquisition;
- Knowledge of the various donor’s interests, priorities and requirements;
- Solid knowledge of proposal and donor funding requirements and the ability to apply that knowledge in preparing project proposals
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced negotiating skills;
- Proven strategic relationship management skills;
- Conceptual and analytical skills;
- Excellent people skills; team builder;
- Planning and monitoring
- Marketing skills;
- Coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills;
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior-level executive colleagues.
- Strong focus on results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an enthusiasm for writing.
- Good sense of humor.
- Experienced traveler
- Fluency in both English with French as added advantage.
This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The title of the position for example "Protection/Case Management Support Officer"must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.