Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and is scaling up an emergency response in Benue and Cross River States. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene.
Locations: Adikpo, Benue and Ogoja, Cross River
- The Water Supervisor will support the Water Officer in the implementation of WASH water supply component in the resettlement of refugees.
The Water Supervisor will:
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of NCA water treatment unit (WTU) system.
- Ensure water distribution to the settlement is done according to NCA water distribution plan
- Execute setting up of storage platform for water collection points in settlements as advised by the water officer.
- Implement piping/plumber job for the water supply distribution network designed by NCA for new settlements
- Maintain proper record of water distribution and pump operation and maintenance.
- Ensure the daily monitoring of FRC levels at water collection points in communities.
- Coordinate distribution of water to communities according NCA water supply schedule for the settlements
- Monitor and manage NCA water supply equipment, tools and materials in close coordination with logistics to ensure safety and good maintenance.
- Manage provision of construction water for shelter activities in coordination with CCCM partners.
- Carry out proper maintenance of NCA water distribution networks to ensure safe and timely distribution of water to community water collection points
- Monitor and report any technical or organizational activity related risks and issues to the Water Officer
- Manage water trucking vendors to allocate water supply to appropriate community water storage points for distribution.
- Carry out any other assignments as delegated by the Water Officer.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in supporting emergency water supply activities.
- Good knowledge of pump operation and maintenance system
- Good oral and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well in the field under difficult circumstances
- Familiarity with disaster-affected population
- Only Nigerian nationals should apply.
- Understanding of surface water treatment systems
- Experience with pumps and generator operations
- Previous experience working with NCA is an additional resource
- NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements
Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP):
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct:
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in a single document to: Tor.Felix.Terdzungwe@nca.no
- Please include two referees in your applications with detailed contacts, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your former/current organisation/institution.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidate is required to start as soon as possible.