Account Officer at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 22 October, 2018
Deadline: 12 November, 2018
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is an Energy Company. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to fill in the role of:
- The Account Officer is to provide accurate recording of revenue / sales /transactions / expenses with adequate supporting documentation providing reliable data to management in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- To provide machinery for recording financial transactions in such a manner as to comply with legal and statutory requirements.
- To ensure that controls are in place to aid accountability and protect accounting records from theft, obsolesce or destruction as well as accurate and timely payment of Staff emolument.
- To recognize the purchase, utilization, revaluation and disposal of fixed assets.
- Responsible for office petty cash and prepare cash reconciliation on daily basis.
- Ensure cash flows are adequate to allow effective business operations.
- Forecast cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Assist in preparing and presenting financial reports for meeting and arranging financial audits and reviews as required.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Work with Finance/Account Manager to prepare budgets and track profit/loss performance by business unit
- Create solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge.
- Identify special payments such as advance payments, refundable deposits, recoverable expenditure, payments on behalf of other agencies etc.
- Prepare internal payment documents such as pay sheets for locally recruited staff, transport claims, subsistence allowances claim etc.
- Prepare receipt forms of the collections/retirements made for authorization signature.
- Update manual cash receipt book of all the collections made and ensure that all parties taking over the collections acknowledged receipt in the book.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, finance and any relevant course
- Experience: 2-3 years in Finance and accounting.
- Experience with Sage 3x will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent account management skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to follow up with clients in a timely professional manner.
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their updated CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
- The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified. Only qualified candidates who follow the above stated structure will be contacted.
- Know More About Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Internal Audit Manager at Food Concepts Plc
- Finance and Admin Assistant at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Roving Finance Assistant at CARE
- Finance Analyst at Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria
- Accountant at Krystal Digital Solutions Limited
- Accounts Officer at Doculand Business Solution
- Team Lead, Finance and Administration at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
- NG BFMS - Budgeting and Financial Management Specialist at Malaria Consortium