Making of Champions Limited is a Sports Media & Management Company that was set up to elevate the profile and performance of Sports in Nigeria and the rest of Africa, and is dedicated to maximising the potential that sports has to bring the country, and the continent on a whole, together.
Athlete Performance Manager/Nutritionist
MoC is seeking a female Athlete Performance Manager (APM)/Nutritionist to join our Track Club Management Team in Lagos, to help guide the academic and athletic wellbeing and performance of MoC Athletes in Lagos.
The APM will manage all aspects of the performance of MoC Athletes, from when they are first recruited to MoC Track Club onwards, including Athletes’ training, supplements, feeding, accommodation, tuition, healthcare & competition travel. They will also support the promotion of MoC Athletes to enable them receive Sponsorships. Building and maintaining relationships with the key stakeholders (sponsors, universities, sports authorities and Athletes’ families) will be critical.
The APM will also serve as MoC’s Sports Nutritionist to provide MoC Track Club Athletes with sports nutrition support at home, training and at competitions. The APM will provide nutritional counselling for the MoC Athletes, create customised nutrition plans, conduct body testing, develop menus & arrange for food services, all while collaborating with athletes’ families, Coaches and other MoC Staff.
A secondary role for the APM (10-20% of the candidate’s time) - for female candidates only - is to deputise for the current APM as an adult presence at the female-only “MoC Athletes House”, responsible for the welfare of the Athletes living there and for the maintenance of the House. The role requires that you have a genuine interest in working with young people, be caring, energetic and prepared to give emotional support when needed.
You must be reliable, warm and friendly in disposition, with sufficient sensitivity to show tact and diplomacy. A sense of humour and an even temper dealing with all situations in a co-operative and sensitive manner are also fundamental to carrying out this job effectively. You must be an effective communicator at all levels and a good listener. We’re looking for a highly driven person who is looking to forge an exciting career in Sports Management in Nigeria!
Athlete Performance at MoC Lagos Track Club:
- Sports Nutrition:
- Provide Nutrition Counselling - counsel MoC Athletes on optimal nutrition goals for their specific training regimen, including requirements for exercise training, recovery from exercise, hydration, travel, competition, weight management
- Create Customized Nutrition Plans - Design personalized meal and snack plans to help MoC Athletes achieve dietary and professional goals, address nutritional challenges such as food allergies, and vitamin or mineral deficiencies, and provide nutritional guidance to help athletes heal from injuries & illness as quickly as possible.
- Body Testing - conduct individual Athlete assessments, e.g. body composition testing, metabolic rate testing, etc, to make informed personalized nutrition advice to athletes
- Food Service and Menu Development - Developing menus and arranging for food services, ensuring the team receives the proper nutrition both while at home, and when travelling for competitions or otherwise.
- Collaborate with athletes’ families, Coaches and other APMs in an effort to keep everyone informed and on the same page.
- Athlete & Team Management:
- Monitor the enrolment of all MoC Athletes at Secondary Schools, Universities or WAEC/JAMB preparatory classes close to their training locations across Nigeria
- Management of Team MoC Athletes at Competitions across Nigeria during the Athletics season (usually March to September each year)
- Planning and preparation of Athlete Budgets for training, supplements, accommodation, feeding, tuition and travel to competitions
- Coordination of Athlete Performance activities (including Healthcare) with the MoC Head Coaches and Performance Management team, including implementation of research & innovation into all aspects of Athlete’s preparation
- Athlete & Programme Promotion:
- Monitor and document both the Athletic and Academic progress of all MoC Athletes across Nigeria (liaising with their Coaches, other APMs & Programme Officers where necessary), and promote the programme with frequent Track Club & Scholarship updates to the public (via MoC website & social media pages, newsletter and other relevant media)
- Support the brand building and promotion of each individual MoC Athlete, liaising with the Sponsorship team, to ensure that each MoC Athlete is best placed to receive a Scholarship and is matched to the most appropriate sponsors as and when they are secured
- Any other duties as assigned
Athlete Welfare at Female Athletes’ House in Lagos:
- Deputise for the other Athlete Performance Manager (every other weekend and whenever she’s not available or on vacation) on the smooth running of the House: supervision of domestic service staff, general tidiness of the House, procurement of daily & maintenance needs of House, preparation/coordination of light meals
- Monitor the nutritional intake (food and supplements) of the girls’ at the Athletes’ House
- Oversee the medical care of the girls at the Athletes’ House as needed
- Oversee the safety and security of the girls in and outside the House
- Supervise hygiene practices and cleanliness (including appearance) of the girls, and ensure they wear the appropriate training kits and clothes for any functions
- Maintain a supportive presence in the House at all times while inculcating good manners and courtesy in the girls
- Pastoral duty - the daily routine of waking the girls for prayers in the mornings
- Supervision of compliance with after-school activities (assignments, training, etc), closely monitor their academic progress and ensure they follow any other necessary routines as appropriate
- Meet with MoC Coaches and APM in-charge of the Athlete’s House regularly (weekly) to discuss the welfare of the girls, including any disciplinary measures that may be necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition
- At least 5 years work experience, with at least 1-2 years experience in a managerial role (Experience working in sports/talent management, with demonstrated skills in managing high achieving people beneficial)
- A flair, passion and interest in Sports Management, clearly demonstrated through hobbies, club memberships and other extra-curricular activities at university, at work or outside of work
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication abilities - excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Financial management capabilities and strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and focus on a variety of projects while working closely with teams of MoC staff and athletes throughout the country
- Should be familiar with Athletics or have a keen interest in Athletics (deep knowledge of Nigerian and World Athletics are advantages).
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Full time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- Free Accommodation and Meals while at MoC Athletes’ House in Lagos
- When necessary, all expenses paid trips to National Competitions annually where MoC Athletes will be competing. E.g.,
- AFN Golden League and other AFN-organised events
- National Senior Trials/Championships
- National Junior (U20) & Youth (U18) Championships
- National Sports Festival
- National Youth Games
- National University Games
- National & State Secondary School Championships.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.