Senior Digital Producer at BBC Media Action
Posted on: 23 August, 2018
Deadline: 30 August, 2018
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action was founded in 1999 by the BBC as its international development charity. We apply the editorial standards of the BBC, build on its values and often work closely with the BBC World Service and other BBC departments. However, we are legally and financially independent and work to a distinct mission. Originally known as BBC World Service Trust we changed our name to BBC Media Action in December 2011.
Senior Digital Producer
Department: Production & Training
Reports to: Head of Production and Training
Start Date: Immediate
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration of Contract: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
- The Senior Digital Producer will use her/his strong editorial expertise, extensive digital programme production experience, and ability to build the skills and capacity of others to oversee our digital outputs, including videos, images, postings and other multimedia materials. This is a senior role within the Production & Training Department.
- Take day-do-day responsibility for the effective implementation of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy.
- Working with the Head of Production & Training, ensure systems are in place to support all aspects of the design and delivery of digital content, from concept inception to post-production. Ensure that deadlines, budgets, and project objectives are met and adhered to.
- Supervise the Digital team as they pitch, write, report, record and edit original BBC Media Action content geared toward social media, TV and other digital audiences, including the creation of original video and multimedia content.
- Lead on ensuring that BBC Media Action’s digital outputs are as creative and impactful as possible to help us remain a leader in a dynamic and evolving media market.
- Build the editorial skills of other members of the Digital team to allow them to take on progressively greater roles in making editorial decisions.
- Build the creative and production skills of other members of the Digital team to allow them to take on progressively greater content and creative decisions.
- Lead the Digital team in engaging and interacting with our communities across social platforms.
- Ensure that all content or language published on BBC Media Action Digital platforms adhere to BBC Editorial Guidelines.
- Prioritise relevant content creation and platform management against identified goals, knowing which platforms and tasks are more important to different audiences within the scope of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy.
- Work with other Production & Training team members to ensure that BBC Media Action’s digital, radio and TV content complements each other for maximum reach and audience impact.
- Lead the Digital team as they analyse social media metrics to gain insight into the behaviour of our social media communities, distribution of content across the web, and emerging digital trends.
- Contribute to the evolution of BBC Media Action’s digital strategy by providing innovative content ideas and concrete insights into content performance.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent understanding of Nigeria’s social media landscape, including the relevant platforms for different audience segments.
- Demonstratable experience applying sound editorial judgement in the production of social media, TV or other digital content.
- Experience leading teams in digital production, journalism, or other relevant areas.
- Strong experience producing and posting content for social media websites, TV or other digital platforms to reach a diverse range of audiences.
- Strong relevant video or photo editing skills and fluency in relevant creative software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in digital trends in media, entertainment, and emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to analyse and critically evaluate editorial content, identifying strengths and weaknesses in content and driving constant improvement in output.
- Sound knowledge of digital best practice and the digital landscape.
- A deep understanding of the web and how best to promote content to an online audience.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to lead a team to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- A strong visual sense.
- A leader excited by the potential of leading and shaping a dynamic and growing team.
- Proven experience using radio, television, digital or other media to capture audience attention while increasing knowledge or awareness.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and experience using these skills in a media production setting.
- Fluent in spoken and written English; additional fluency in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba desirable.
- Evidence of imagination and an enthusiasm for generating new ideas – and helping other team members generate new ideas of their own.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Editorial Judgement - Demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
- Decision Making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
- Planning and Organisation - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and Others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Managing relationships and team working - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed working separately or competitively.
- Developing Others - Able to recognise potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realized.
- Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the lace of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations, Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and Persuading - Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Capability Statements to: email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated as subject of email.
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from BBC Media Action
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Head of Operations, Admin and HR at BBC Media Action
- Senior Research Officer at BBC Media Action
- Research Officer at BBC Media Action
- Digital Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Digital Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Research Officer at BBC Media Action
- Technical Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Technical Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Producer - Factual at BBC Media Action
- Finance Assistant at BBC Media Action
- IT Assistant at BBC Media Action
- Know More About BBC Media ActionSimilar Jobs
- Communications Officer, West Africa Trade and Investment Hub at Creative Associates International
- Graphic Designer at Tunnels Nig Ltd
- Content writer at Tunnels Nig Ltd
- Media Executive (Videographer) at Realty Point Limited
- General Comms & Corporate Affairs Specialist Professional at Nestle Foods
- Brand Ambassador at Erisco Foods Limited
- Content Provider at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Film Distribution Manager at Apata & Ascott Limited