Under the General supervision of the Deputy Representative, the Administrative Assistant , supports the design, planning and management of the sub-office by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
S/he works closely with programme and project staff providing secretarial and administration support to programme implementation.
• Participates in the identification and formulation of country programme and projects, by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and work plans and prepares tables and statistical data.
• Supports the evaluation of project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports. Facilitates analysis of factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follow up on recommendations.
• Ensure proper documentation and processing of approved Implementing Partners’ Annual Work Plan and quarterly FACE Forms, to relevant Officers and Output Managers for necessary action as well as undertake related ATLAS functions.
• In coordination with the sub-office, supports routine implementation of assigned projects, coordination the delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
• Provides logistics and administrative support to sub-office, inclusive of coordinating review meetings /workshops/ events and other programmatic functions.
• Contributes to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of Country office and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
• Supports the advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the sub-office by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events.
• Undertake any other assignments as may be required by the Deputy Representative and Representative.
• Valuing diversity
• Performance management
• Developing people/fostering innovation and empowerment
• Working in Teams
• Communicating information and ideas/knowledge sharing
• Integrity/commitment to mandate
• Appropriate and transparent decision making
• Results orientation and commitment to excellence
• Self-management/emotional intelligence and conflict management/negotiating and resolving disagreements
• Business Acumen
• Implementing management systems
• Innovation and marketing of new approaches
• Client orientation
• Organizational awareness
• Job knowledge/technical expertise
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a Nigerian national (male or female)
• Have Bachelors Degree or a Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Administration, Public Administration or in a related field.
• Have five years working experience in the public and private sector.
• Be Fluent in oral and written English
• Have working knowledge in computing skills in all MS software packages.
The UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.