The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PSCM) is implementing the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) as part of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). SCMS will strengthen or establish secure, reliable. cost-effective, and sustainable supply chains capable of meeting the care and treatment needs of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. In coordination with ln-countrv and international partners, SCMS will assist programs to enhance their supplv-chain capacity; ensure that accurate supply-chaln Information is collected, shared, and used; and provide quality, affordable, health care products to those who need them.
This is a consultant position and the successful candidate will be employed by JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. as the implementing partner of SCMS Nigeria. Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Procurement/sCMs Nigeria, the Procurement Consultant will provide procurement and administrative support to procurement of the office departmental needs to ensure full, accurate procurement support to all office related procurement including documentation per JSI/PFSCM/USAID procurement rules and regulations and to assist in other tasks as assigned. S/he should possess strong organizational capacity and ability to modulate an efficient system to ensure proper recording/tracking of all procurement activities and providing up-to-date information forthe purpose of project management.
- Provide support for the analysis of all bids received and initiate the vendor selection process with request received from departments. Support the SCMS project with the update and implementation of procurement SOPs with an aim of strengthening procurement best practices and promoting adherence to the sCMS procurement policy.
- Provide regular updates to requesting departments on the statusoftheir requests/procurements.
- Receive and create Request for Quotations/Proposal (RFQ/P) for all new requests for procurement of commodities and services from internal customers/clients. Ensure that RFQ/P, are advertised based on existing rules and regulations, and quotes received In a fair and transparent manner.
- Maintain constant communication/relationship with alllacal suppliers of commodities.
- Prepare and update bid documents for all local procurement.
- Create and manage Purchase Orders (POs) derived from RFQ/Ps received from internal customers from inquiry to delivery.
- Assist buyers In preparing bid analysis for bids received and provide support for the analysis of bids received to initiate vendor selection process.
- Support the Procurement Department in providing administrative support during conferences" workshops and other non-routine procurement related activities.
- Perform any other task that maybe assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUAULFICATION
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification. 3-5 years' work experience in procurement or administration.
- Experience with USAID funded procurementis preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is an added advantage. Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Fluency in spoken English and ability to write reports and documents in English is required. Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment. Self driven with a high sense of quality, accuracy, efficiencv, and integrity.
- Abilityto handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume as one document not later than one week after the publication of this advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Candidates with more than one application will be disqualified.
JOHN SNOW, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER