RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
The MIS Specialist handles all data management activities (i.e. planning surveys, data monitoring/collection, data management and analysis); providing technical support to decision-making, capacity building and learning; including the use of innovative processes in data management and statistical analysis.
- Provide technical support for all Management Information Systems (MIS) activities of the project. Establish MIS systems for gathering, reporting, and analysing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation, including the adaptation of geo-enabled functionalities.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems and analysis.
- Responsible for the accumulation, analysis, preparation, interpretation and communication of information and data as used by the MEL team to plan, evaluate and adapt E-WASH activities.
- Coordinate all MIS tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria guidelines.
- Coordinate closely with the MEL team to maintain a robust MIS system for grants monitoring, performance improvement reporting and results-based monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for onward reporting to USAID.
- Support the Media and Communications Specialists to effectively document lessons learned, collate KM products and offer alternative platforms for disseminating E-WASH program findings.
- Provide support for inter-state training for E-WASH staffs, State Water Board (SWB) and CSEF grantees, focused on gathering, analyzing and using data, case study assessments, evaluation surveys, and research studies to make evidence-based decisions and plan potential strategic program improvements;
- Work closely with respective Performance Reporting Specialists (PRS) to ensure timely upload of performance reporting data; Grants Manager for robust grants monitoring and document reviews of SWB Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Manage E-WASH Integrated Database Management System (IDMS).
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology/Science with specialization in statistics, numerical computation, or an equivalent degree. At least MSc+ 6years’ or a BSc +10 years’ experience with large-scale monitoring and data management tasks.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience on USAID or donor-funded projects including experience in data collection, management and analysis;
- Familiarity with Integrated Database Management Systems (IDMS) with GIS functionality;
- Experience in Knowledge Management (KM) and communications. Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach is desirable;
- Experience in data collection procedures, systems design, systems analysis, and information systems project management;
- Experience in grantee reporting systems and GIS for performance monitoring preferred.
Skills & Abilities
Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well on a team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to Recruitment@ewash.rti.org VERY IMPORTANT – On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Email Subject line (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying. Application closes on Friday December 20, 2019. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org