Latest Jobs at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture - IITA
Posted on: 26 June, 2014
Deadline: 10 July, 2014
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of Tro
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical regions of the world. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The Intemationallnstitute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidate for the position below in its Headquarters in Ibadan
Research and Analysis
- Provide insights into consumer preferences and the current soybean marketplace in Nigeria as a means of informing the development of research initiatives aimed at spurring innovation.
- Serve as an in-house expert on innovation in soybean value chains by monitoring ongoing private and public sectordeveiopments.
- Work with IITA communications team to ensure coordination between the FMAsoybean project and the organizational research agenda.
- Support organizational efforts to develop systems for knowledge management and coordination across teams.
- Work with communications team to create messaging and identify opportunities to communicate results and findings for innovation initiatives.
- Serve as an author and creator of content aimed at sharing findings with the soybean innovation platform. Examples indude issue briefs, presentations, blog posts, field demonstrations, events etc.
- Work with FMA extension team to find creative and targeted methods of reaching farmers.
- Other duties may beassigned.
- MBA or MSc in marketing, communication, sociology, extension or other social sciences.
- 5+ years of professional experience in agricultural industry and/or academic research and applied analysis.
- 5+ years of professional experience crafting publications and overarching messaging designed to inform and provide actionable guidance to a diverse set of audiences.
- Private sector knowledge and credibility; an understanding of emerging agricultural technOlogies and how they will change consumer experiences is a strong plus
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to distill complex topics into dear and understandable language or narratives.
- Ability to engage in "big picture thinking" while maintaining dose attention to detail.
- High degree of flexibility with an ability to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team setting.
- Commitment to the mission of IITAand a desire to positivety impact the trajectory of a highly-
- impactful, international nonprofil.
- Highly polished presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with influence and motivate multiple audiences.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers not later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Jobs at a Newly Established Poutry Farm
- Logistics Vacancy at Saro Agro Sciences Limited
- Accounting Job Vacancy at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Engineering Vacancy at Saro Lifecare Limted
- Agronomist at Value Seeds Limited
- Regional Sales Manager - North East at Olam Nigeria Limted - KPMG Nigeria