Lead Subsea Wellhead Field Service Engineer at Baker Hughes
Posted on: 16 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Ref Id: 3319905
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The Lead Field Service Engineer provides offshore and onshore support to customers and BHGE for installation, maintenance, repair, operation and decommissioning of Subsea equipment and services.
- Perform on-site installation and decommissioning of BHGE systems and equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation and decommissioning at customer's sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable BHGE product lines
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Ability to write and submit incident report within 24hrs of occurrence.
- Maintain knowledge of company reporting systems and policies.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to customers and team members
- Maintain strong safety mindset to ensure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and react to fault resolution challenges
- Must be able to track and renew all offshore documentation
- Ability to work alone or within a team whilst being supervised remotely is an essential characteristic.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college is desirable.
- Experience in a Subsea Field Services Engineer role - specifically Controls, Completions and/or Wellhead (MS 700, MS 800, & SG-5). Wellhead experiences is mandatory.
- Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time at short notice - this is an ad hoc role and flexibility is essential.
- Must have a valid international passport
- Must be medically fit to work In Offshore location per BHGE Policy.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
- Computer literate - MS Office and ability to learn and use GRID and other business systems.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Baker Hughes career website on jobs.gecareers.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Baker HughesSimilar Jobs
- Experienced Solar Installer at QuantumX Energy Limited
- UPS Electrical Maintenance Officer at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
- Job Vacancies at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job Vacancies at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
- IT Service Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Job Openings at Fenix International
- Sales Executives at BeeBeeJump International Limited
- Branding Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc