Lead Subsea Wellhead Field Service Engineer at Baker Hughes
Posted on: 16 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Lead Subsea Wellhead Field Service Engineer
Ref Id: 3319905
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The Lead Field Service Engineer provides offshore and onshore support to customers and BHGE for installation, maintenance, repair, operation and decommissioning of Subsea equipment and services.
- Perform on-site installation and decommissioning of BHGE systems and equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation and decommissioning at customer's sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable BHGE product lines
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Ability to write and submit incident report within 24hrs of occurrence.
- Maintain knowledge of company reporting systems and policies.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to customers and team members
- Maintain strong safety mindset to ensure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and react to fault resolution challenges
- Must be able to track and renew all offshore documentation
- Ability to work alone or within a team whilst being supervised remotely is an essential characteristic.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college is desirable.
- Experience in a Subsea Field Services Engineer role - specifically Controls, Completions and/or Wellhead (MS 700, MS 800, & SG-5). Wellhead experiences is mandatory.
- Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time at short notice - this is an ad hoc role and flexibility is essential.
- Must have a valid international passport
- Must be medically fit to work In Offshore location per BHGE Policy.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
- Computer literate - MS Office and ability to learn and use GRID and other business systems.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Baker Hughes career website on jobs.gecareers.com to apply
- Know More About Baker HughesSimilar Jobs
- Cooling Field Operations Leader at Vertiv
- IT Trainee at SmartEdge Business Solutions
- AutoCAD/Design Engineer at Egbin Power Plc
- Field Support Engineer at Alister Greene Consulting
- Logistics Supervisor Technical at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Engineering/Oil & Gas Project General Manager at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- HVAC Engineer (Nigerian/Expatriate) at Human Edge Consulting
- Machinist Cum Fitter/Fabricator at Ascentech Services Limited