Chief Operating Officer, Finance and Operations at Funso Alabi & Co
Posted on: 11 June, 2014
Deadline: 21 June, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View Jobs posted same day
Funso Alabi & Co - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill existing vacancy in a Property and Construction Company located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
Funso Alabi & Co is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reporting to the Group Managing Director (GMD) and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Chief Operating Officer of Finance and Operations (COO) will be responsible for the development of the Company’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the COO will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
- Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the Group Managing Director and other key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Group Managing Director informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Partner with the GMD to represent the Company with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Team Development/Leadership
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of the Company’s project/service units through sound fiscal/financial management. Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the GMD and staff.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Ensure that the Company is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
- Provide analytical support to the Company’s internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, project management plan, payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of the Company by being actively involved in all projects and services. Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the projects and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement. Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- ICAN or ACCA preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- Project Management experience is a major pre-requisite for this position
- Similar experience as an employee in a property and construction organization; must be familiar with finance and accounting regulations
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and project administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
- interface with senior management, Company’s board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for the Company’s mission
Method of Application
If your head can fit the above cap, please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Financial Analysts at EZ37 Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kimberly Ryan
- Financial Controllers at Career Prime
- Jobs at Alexander George Business Support Solutions (AGBSS)
- Procurement Managers at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Project Engineers at Consultant Collaborative Partnership LLP
- Business Development Executives at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Admin Manager/Executive Assistant at Apata & Ascott Limited