Vacancy in a Wholly Indigenous Company (Oil & Gas, Logistics))
Posted on: 10 June, 2014
Deadline: 24 June, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
We are a wholly indigenous company engaged in diversified sectors in Nigerian economy including Oil and Gas, logistics services, dredging, etc, to a wide range of clients.
In order to drive our objectives, we recognize the need to recruit a result oriented individual to fill the position of Head, Performance Management.
- Reviews current performance management processes and make recommendations for improvements using the balanced scorecard methodology.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Staff Management System, including providing training on the use of performance management tools to enable proper understanding of responsibilities, work objectives, applicable policies
- and procedures, etc.
- Monitors and follows up with staff and various units' timely setting of annual
- performance objectives targets to facilitate the effective assessment and
- reporting on staff performance.
- Facilitates the mid-year and year-end staff performance review exercises; collates identifies and reports on skill gaps and training needs for each employee from the appraisal outcomes.
- Reviews information on the outcomes of the year-end appraisal process and prepares timely reports for management decisions on staff recognition/promotion/rewards/training needs.
- Liaises with line managers to track staff performance on a regular basis to ensure staff are properly utilized and provides advice on performance improvement interventions.
- Maintains regular consultation with Heads of Department to ensure staff transferred from one location/department/function to another are appraised and necessary documentations are kept.
- Develops and manages the Performance management system database to ensure accurate records on employee performance are maintained for easy information retrieval and access to facilitate decision making.
- Coordinates performance feedback processes and ensure effective and constructive feedback is provided by Heads of Department /Supervisors to staff.
- Initiates investigation into adverse performance to identify causes and remedies actions required for improvement.
- Assists in implementing the company's talent management programme and ensures alignment with the career and succession management processes.
- The position reports to the Group Head, Human Resources & Administration and is primarily responsible for driving improvements in staff utilization and productivity through effective monitoring, measurement and administration of the staff performance management system.
- Proven knowledge of staff performance management with strong hands-on experience of staff performance management tools such as: detailed Job
- Description/Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Human Resource Information Management Systems (HRIMS) and knowledge of the operations and functional roles of the various Departments in the Group.
Education and Experience:
- First Degree in Social Sciences or a numerate discipline
- A Post Graduate Degree in relevant discipline will be an advantage
- Qualified member of any relevant professional body (e.g. CIPM)
- Minimum of seven (7) years post professional qualification experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send email to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Captain at Magnet Energy Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Officers in an Oil and Gas Firm - Ebonylinks / Sulan Services Limited
- Assistant Surveyor at Onstream Group
- Field Advisor at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Lube Sales Analysts at an Indigenous Oil and Gas Firm - Aldelia Limited
- Business Development Lead, OAL at AOS Orwell