HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
Report to: the CEO
Contract Type: Permanent
- Develop and direct strategies for the Facilities and Admin department and ensure strategies are aligned with the overall goals of the organisation
- Develop processes, procedures and systems for the department in order to deliver the department’s strategy
- Manage the provision of utilities and settlement of related bills
- Ensure provision of a conducive physical working environment (space, furniture etc.) for the company’s employees to facilitate optimal performance
- Manage internal/external mail delivery, courier and freighting
- Oversee the purchase, storing and distribution of office supplies and equipment
- Ensure all office equipment, machines and tools are in good conditions at all times
- Manage the maintenance and repair of office equipment, electrical and mechanical systems such as air conditioners, lighting, generators, photocopying equipment etc
- Oversee the sourcing and purchase of office equipment from accredited vendors
- In conjunction with IT, ensure the purchase, delivery, servicing and repairs of all IT related office equipment
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all stationery/store items, office equipment, assets etc
- Monitor inventory reorder levels and plan/make provisions to avoid out of stock cases
- Conduct regular assessment of facilities in all locations to determine items that are due for replacement or repair and initiate appropriate action
- Program and prioritise facilities maintenance activities to ensure achievement of specified objectives
- Ensure the management and maintenance of the company’s properties across all locations and maintain a concise inventory of all property asset
- Routinely monitor the facilities to ensure that it remains functional, safe & secure, well-maintained and ensure all faults including electrical, carpentry, civil works and plumbing system in the office are swiftly & safely resolved
- Ensure offices and the premises including the garden, lawn and lobby are clean/orderly
- Consistent and prompt evacuation of waste across all locations
- Manage janitorial service providers to ensure quality service delivery across all locations
- Search and negotiate (in conjunction with the Retail Expansion dept.) rental properties for residential, office and retail locations. Maintain records of rentals, tenement rates and ground rent payments for Company owned/leased property assets. Handle property related issues and manage relationship with all Landlords/Estate Managers and renew tenancies as at when due
- Liaise with the Legal department to manage relevant government bodies to ensure prompt processing of property related issues (C of O, Land Use Charge, etc.)
- Ensure that facilities meet environmental, health and security standards and comply with government regulations
- Work in conjunction with Retail Expansion team during design and implementation of new facilities and ensure maintainability of building infrastructure and systems.
- Ensure formal handover of new facilities from Retail Expansion team to Facilities & Admin team with appropriate documentation such as operation and maintenance documentation, manuals, drawings and wiring/cabling schedules, floor plans, furniture layout, etc
- Ensure company assets are duly covered under approved insurance policies. Guide management in the sourcing of underwriting, insurance brokers/agents to ensure company assets are covered by approved insurance companies
- Manage personnel office/residential relocations
- Manage the sourcing, purchase, leasing, allocation and maintenance of all vehicles (including Dispatch motorcycles) in the Company
- Ensure all required registration documents are intact and available to all company vehicles
- Strictly adhere to vehicles documents revalidation/renewal schedules
- Manage, participate in training and motivating drivers to ensure they are fit, punctual and available for work at all times
- Manage relationships with all accredited garages/workshops for the servicing and repairs of Company’s vehicles. Ensure bills are vetted and cleared in line with SLA
- Maintain and constantly update a comprehensive database of types/location/users/purpose and condition of all Company vehicles
- Supervise the availability and allocation of vehicles and drivers to staff who need to carry out official assignment
- Oversee scheduled and routine maintenance and repairs of vehicles and manage associated costs
- Advise Management on replacement and disposal of damaged and old vehicles
- Prompt settlements of all local and state governments’ levies, fees, permits including payments for Adverts, Signages, etc
- Identify and work towards eliminating all risks that people are disposed to at work
- Advise Managements on ways to insure all identified risks
- Ensure company’s assets e.g Vehicles, Premises, equipments are duly covered under various insurance policies
- Advise management in the sourcing of underwriters, insurance brokers/agents to ensure company’s assets are covered by approved insurance companies.
- Facilitate the processing of all insurance policies including Motor vehicle insurance, Fire & Burglary insurance etc
- Ensure all insurance policies are valid at all times and payments to insurance companies are timely settled
- Facilitate the smooth processing of all claims by working closely with underwriters, loss adjusters and other third party agents for swift settlements of claims
- Determine service level agreements (SLA) with user functions/departments specifying the services to be delivered, requirements and parameters for service. Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with maintenance, janitorial/cleaning, laundry, security and other service providers
- Review vendor proposals as well as source for vendors/service providers for all administrative supplies and services
- Ensure vendor compliance with site HSE requirements at all times
- Evaluate and advice the business concerning service requirements and when to outsource services required by divisions or business units to external providers where internal skills do not suffice
- Present inputs to CAPEX and OPEX budget during budget cycle and strictly manage approved budgets
- Manage the implementation of policy documents relating to administration and facilities management
- Oversee the provision of key human resources services such as recruitment, training and performance management within the department
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
- Oversee the purchase, storing and distribution of office supplies and equipment
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all store items, office equipment, assets etc
- Plan to avoid going out of stock by ensuring stocks are replenished at reorder level
- Manage the delivery of other general administrative duties including supervision of company wide travels and logistics
- Bachelor's degree in Business Admin, Public Admin or Social Sciences, Humanities or a related field with 10 years minimum experience in a structured organisation, 4 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Membership of a recognised professional body is an added advantage
- Leadership & managerial skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Planning & organisational Skill
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- A good working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite like Word, Outlook, and Excel.
go to method of application »
Reference #: HP/HR/SHG
Report to: the CEO
Contract Type: Permanent
- To Provide business focused, strategic and operational HR support and services for delivering on the HealthPlus Corporate Strategy & business Objectives.
- S/He provides proactive resourcing HR advice and guidance to Executives and the Leadership Team and colleagues for their designated area of focus.
- This role interprets HR policies and employment legislation, advises on risk management, and coaches/supports managers in handling people management, industrial relations and change processes.
- S/He identifies and promotes new ways of working and empowering approaches to people management in support of delivering on the business plan.
Other responsibilities include:
- Attarction & Recruitment, Onboarding of new associates, Performance Management, Learning & Development, Employee relations, People metrics/reporting, Partnering with line management on HR and business needs and special projects.
Specification (Key elements of the role)
- Facilitate effective workforce planning to identify the capacity and capability of the Business Unit to deliver its objectives
- Facilitates recruitment for designated Business Unit
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Challenges the organizational structure of the designated unit/s and proposes changes
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Take a coaching approach and provide management information to facilitate effective, consistent, empowering people management - expecting and enabling managers to assume increasing responsibility for all aspects of people management.
- Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work in partnership with senior management teams to identify the people implications of strategic and business plans and other developments
- Provide professional senior level, strategic and operational HR advice on the interpretation of HR policies and procedures, employment legislation, recruitment strategies, and managing change processes, providing risk analysis to support this
- Constructively challenge decisions which are not in best interest of the organization
- Researches best practices in human performance and designs and revises performance management system for the Group.
- Analyses existing programs to determine their on-going ability to support the stated objectives.
- Formulates, with others, a philosophy of human performance improvement for the Group. Must be able to keep this philosophy current from one year to the next.
- Advises departments on better methods to improve departmental results.
- Obtains appropriate certifications to acquire and administer assessment instruments and provide feedback to management.
- Advises departments on competency-based management systems.
- Updates framework for improving Group incentive systems.
- Provides input to Compensation systems and their support of performance improvement.
- Continually improves processes to develop Performance Appraisal systems.
- Develops ideas/uses for technology, in human performance processes.
- Designs and develops communications programs to more clearly link Group management, to performance management.
- Establish methods to reduce turnover related to poor performance.
- Researches and establishes Competency Models for the various positions in the organization.
- Designs and develops standards for competency assessment for recruitment, development and promotions of employees.
- Implements the competency framework system within the Group and trains Managers to carry out competency assessment, determine employee development needs and provide support.
- Oversees the daily operations of Compensation & Benefits (C&B) unit, to include job evaluation and classification, market surveying and analyses, job description development and maintenance, employment contract administration, and job and organizational audits.
- Reviews staff C&B practices across the Group to ensure compliance with company policies, local legislation and guidelines, and best practices.
- Provides direction and leadership to Human Resources consultants and representatives, and the Group community in the implementation of staff compensation policies, strategies, programs, and practices.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of staff C&B practices to ensure ongoing competitiveness within the job marketplace; regularly reviews and evaluates the staff pay plan, and prepares costed recommendations for market-based adjustments.
- Oversees and monitors the annual pay review process, ensuring compliance with established parameters and timelines; prepares guidelines and business rules, analyzes program results, and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Develops specific pay plans and strategies as needed for targeted employee groups as needed to compete with market conditions and trends, ensuring overall internal equity, consistency with Group values and policies, and compliance with local laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Provides leadership in and/or oversees the design, development, and implementation of major organizational classification/compensation studies with broad impact on the Group.
- Provides leadership to the C&B unit and Group management on high-impact compensation issues; provides guidance regarding compensation practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, and compliance with local laws.
- Participates and/or provides leadership in the development and modification of the Group C&B policies, systems, and procedures for staff.
HR Service Delivery/Employee Relations:
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the designated business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at BU level
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. S/he conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
Learning & Development:
- Manage the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) remittance and claims process
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs.
- Evaluate training and development programs
- Manage the e-learning programme
- Maintain training matrix showing holistic training position of each staff department, compliance with training calendar and performance report
- Liaise with internal and external Training facilitators and other Training Organizations
- Manage the Archiving Learning Structure
- Facilitate leadership development content in the subject area assigned by the leadership team or client need. These classes may include (but not limited to): managing self, managing others, coaching and mentoring, communication skills, project management, etc
- Facilitation and tailoring of classes for training sessions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- First degree in a relevant discipline preferably in the Social Sciences, a Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM, HRCI, SHRM or CIPD required)
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as HRBP or HR Manager (e.g. manager, supervisor, lead) with demonstrated successes
- Proven ability to secure and analyze a range of quantitative and qualitative information and use this in developing strategies, plans, policies and solutions that meet individual and organizational needs
- Strong computing skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation/communication skills
- Able to work within a team as well as alone with little or no supervision
- Process planning monitoring and organizational skills
- Policy development and implementation
- Position requires strong analytical skills
- Process quality management and continuous process improvement abilities
- Strategic thinker: Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyze risks, make good judgements, and solve problems
- Able to develop highly effective working relationships by building credibility, respect and rapport with internal and external networks
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Excellent leadership & influencing skills
- Able to effectively and creatively challenge people, situations and current thinking
- Project Management and Change Management Skills
- Creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a positive ‘can do’ and solution - focused attitude
- Team player
- Willingness to work in other areas of HR to manage peaks in the team’s workload and cover for colleagues as required
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively others toward mutual objectives and able to influence across non -direct reports on cross functional teams
- Proactivity and Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information and demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgement
- Skilled and credible in advising others on empowering people management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.