- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Research Assistants at Nuru International (34 Slots)
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: 17 April, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Nuru International
Nuru International is an NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with rural communities indefinitely.
Location: Michika, Adamawa State
Duration: Two Weeks
Start Date: May/June, 2019
Number Required: Thirty-Four (34)
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Research Assistant (enumerator) will be responsible for primary data collection during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc for Nuru Nigeria in Michika LGA.
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E unit in the collection of primary data during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc in Michika LGA
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with standard guidelines.
- Perform all required data quality checks as instructed during data collection
- Proper records and documentation of all study materials.
- Daily updates on activity progress
- HND/Bachelor's degree in Management, Sciences, Social Research, Development Studies, Linguistics or a related field and 6 months of experience in data collection
- Diploma or its equivalent Plus 5 years of experience in data collection using surveys, focus groups, or interviews
- Speaks, reads, and writes fluently in English and Hausa.
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in the Northeast Nigeria
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and comply with ethical research in the field
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Kamwe, Marghi or Fulfude fluency
- Experience using and reading maps
- Previous experience as an Enumerator or Research Assistant working with an NGOs
- Excellent computer applications skills. Particularly MS Word and Excel programs.
- Experience using Mobile data collection platforms
- Experience leading teams of enumerators
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Michika Residents are highly encouraged to apply
- Females applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Hardcopy application will not be accepted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nuru InternationalSimilar Jobs
- LGA Field Officer at Malaria Consortium
- Livelihoods Assistant - CBT at the Danish Refugee Council
- Job Openings at Centre for Communication and Social Impact
- Caterer at Centre For Edo Delta Development Initiative
- Integration Officer at The International Rescue Committee
- Latest Jobs at Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria
- Resilence & Conflict Mitigation Tech Advisor at Mercy Corps
- Jobs at Médecins du Monde (MdM)