Jobs at WTS Energy (Oil & Gas)
Posted on: 23 May, 2014
Deadline: 27 May, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
WTS Energy is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Code: WTHO03922
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Oversees the administration of all servers and end-user workstations on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based wide area network (WAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Manage 3rd party IT related service contracts for the organisation.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on KPIs assigned.
- Manages the Installation, configurations and maintenance of all networking equipment, including network cabling, switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, wireless controllers, and other related systems.
- Oversees software and application selection, installation and upgrades, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Creates and maintains user and computer accounts in the Intranet, including assigning application access, ensuring security, and confirming their privileges are within standards. Also responsible for expanding and modifying Intranet as enterprise requirements change.
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Allocate resources to provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Maintains an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Administers systems and servers related to Seven Energy LAN and WAN (e.g. email systems, accounts, workstation ID, IP assignments, classroom computers, security, antivirus, spyware, etc.) for the purpose of
- ensuring availability of services to authorized users.
- Designs network infrastructure (physical and virtual) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient networking systems.
- Maintains network operations and software applications (e.g. servers (file, print, application, WEB, database, proxy, etc.), operating systems, server backup, routine maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations.
- Manages servers and network resources including network applications for the purpose of delivering services in
- compliance with established guidelines and/or objectives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Recommends equipment, supplies and materials for the purpose of acquiring required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Researches trends, products, equipment, tests, etc. for the purpose of recommending procedures and/or purchases.
- Provide out of hours remote IT support by responding to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Trains direct reports for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing operating systems and application software.
- Manage change controls, UAT and keeps management up to date on IT projects and issues.
- Schedules IT support staff working hours and works closely with the group IT manager to reduce costs.
- Carry out periodic audits of Seven Energy’s IT systems & software.
Requirements ICT Coordinator
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, communications or related field & experience working with various networks, applications and systems.
- Must have 5+yrs or greater experience in IT/Network/Systems.
- Must possess good written, verbal skill & contract negotiation skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of MS Office, Networking concepts, MS server (DC, DHCP, Exchange) experience & ITSM processes.
- Must have a good knowledge of computer programming, Windows 2012 Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Must possess good analytical, problem solving skills to identify and resolve matters of significance.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Must posses good leadership skills to train and mentor less experienced personnel.
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure & adapt to changing requirements and requests.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Drivers at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Drivers at Alphaden Energy and Oilfield Limited
- Commercial Project Controller at RusselSmith Group
- Business Development/Sales Roles at MacTay Consulting
- Accountant at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Account Officers at Human Edge Limited
- Job Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited