Deputy Construction Superintendent at Subsea 7
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 1 April, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
Vacancy ref: 60890
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Contract
Languages in which you may apply: English
Functional Unit: Africa Operations
Overview of Role
- The Deputy Construction Superintendent is working in Operations Department.
- He is part of preparatory works post Engineering and pre start-up of topside works.
- He will support the Construction Superintendent and the Hook-up Lead to prepare the mobilisation of personnel and material / equipment relative to the scope of work.
- Offshore he will support the Construction activity under the directives of the Construction Superintendent.
- As Deputy from Construction Superintendent, he will work closely with him to gather a solid knowledge of hook-up ways of working and technical skills.
- Construction Superintendent (directly)
- Operations Manager (functionally)
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities during Tender and PROJECT
- Understand and review of preparatory works and job cards post Engineering and design including planning and sequence of work
- Participating to offshore survey during Engineering Phase
- Following prefabrications in yard (if need be)
- Participating of preparations of procedures relative to lifts as required
- Support the Construction Superintendent for consumables, tools, equipment requirements
- Following requisitions and technical proposals from suppliers
- Support the Construction Superintendent for personnel requirements as Welders, Pipefitters, Riggers, Scaffolders, Supervisors
- Preparation of materials / equipment prior to off-shore works
- Following mobilization of personnel and hook-up Spread
- Support planning development
- Lead part of the construction scope under Construction Superintendent supervision.
- Technical proposition relative to scope of work
- Leading some limited construction aspects relative to scope of work under the directives of Construction Superintendent
The Deputy hook-up superintendent will regularly interface with the following:
- With Engineering Department for preparatory works
- With Yard regarding prefabrications
- With Installation Engineering regarding lifting operations
- With SCM Department for all requisitions of tools, equipment and consumables relative to scope of work
- Participating of meeting with clients and Safety walkthrough.
- Two-year technical degree (French BTS) in Structural, Mechanical, Piping, Metalwork
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in metalwork, piping, structural (refinery, nuclear, offshore)
- Good technical knowledge in structural and piping
- Curiosity and strong will to learn
- Leadership regarding folks and supervisors
- Fluent French, spoken and writing
- Fluent English, spoken and writing
- Experience with fabrications in yard, topsides works or lifting will be a benefit
- Knowledge regarding estimating man-hours will be a benefit.
- Please refer to AFRICA P&O Organisation Charts for more information.
- Based offshore during operational phase
- Base onshore for preparation, pre-mobilization and fabrication follow up
- Rotation system:
- Offshore: 5 weeks ON, 5 Weeks OFF
- Onshore: 10 weeks ON, 3 weeks OFF
- This position is linked to Subsea 7 job capsule.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Subsea 7 career website on careers.subsea7.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Subsea 7Similar Jobs
- NDT Inspector on Land Rig Operation at Petro-Tracking Services Limited
- Head of Group Treasury at Jagal Group
- Regulatory Interface Officer at Hobark International Limited
- Head of Finance at an Oil and Gas Firm - AFM Recruit
- Shutdown Coordinator at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Fresh Vacancies at Rainoil Limited
- Job Openings at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Fleet Officer at ENYO Retail & Supply Limited