Adexen has been mandated by a multinational Maritime company to recruit a Security Manager for its operations in Nigeria
Our client is an international Logistics and maritime company providing logistics solutions to many countries accross the world
• Conducting routine inspections of all security equipment and making recommendations.
• Conducting periodic risk assessments on safety and security and making recommendations for reviews/improvements of existing procedures.
• Dealing appropriately with records and incidences reported by security officers and staff in general and escalating it to hierarchy where appropriate.
• Train the security officers for handling security breach or pilferage incidents.
• Develop and constantly update emergency contacts list and distribute same to key personnel and every visitor coming to Nigeria.
• Develop personnel movement plan in coordination with the Management and ensure security cover with or without escort provided for visitors and key personnel movement.
• Monitor issuance of access cards to visitors and clients.
• Keep weekly record of people on board (POB) with families.
• Liaising with security agents.
• Ensuring that relevant security records and log books are maintained with sufficient details.
• Conducting briefings at the start of shifts, giving security officers updates on safety/security matters.
• Ensuring that security officers cover designated facilities and shifts.
• Conducting spot/mystery checks on various locations to ensure security officers are performing their duties and also look out for potential and unusual or suspicious activities/persons.
• Ensuring full compliance with relevant statutory security codes within our sphere of operation.
• Conduct mock drills and training sessions for security staff and other personnels.
• Monitor the on duty performance of security staff.
• Proactively involved in intelligence gathering and debriefing of key personnel.
• Providing support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm professional manner.
• Randomly carrying out day and night patrols to ensure a safe and secure environment, promptly reporting and escalating potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences
• A degree in Social Science and other higher degree in an added advantage
• Certificate trainings on security and safety especially in the Maritime Industry is key
• Experience in management/supervisory role.
• Must have strong integrity and ethical values.
• Must have extensive knowledge of security situations in the industry and country as a whole.
• Must be proactive and forward thinking.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Must be reliable and trustworthy.
• Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
• Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and delegate responsibilities.
• Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate actions to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behaviours.
• Knowledge of security and fire inspection procedures and practices.
• Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimizing panic in others.
• Computer literacy.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.