MBU Capital - Our client, a University based in Abuja, Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- The post of Human Resources Director is concerned with providing strategic advice, guidance and leadership across the institution on all aspects of Human Resources
- The Director will be expected to lead the strategic development across the range of Human Resource areas and be required to ensure that HR policies and procedures are legally compliant and meet University needs
- The Human Resources Director will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be a member of the Executive Board.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of Talent Management including Workforce Planning and Recruitment. This includes the implementation and maintenance of effective workforce planning data, the management of the planning and recruitment cycle.
- The second key area is the development of effective recruitment policies and strategies in liaison with internal stakeholders, ensuring that all recruitment and selection processes are compliant with University standard, are quality assured, based on best practice and meet national legislation.
Employee Relations and Performance Management:
- This includes all aspects of employee relations including Performance Management, Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures for all Staff
- Key tasks include leading the development of an agreed Performance Management System for the University, the integration of PM with HR policies and the leadership and implementation of consistent, transparent disciplinary and grievance processes using best practice.
HR Policies and Processes:
- This includes oversight and accountability of all HR policies and systems across the University
- Ensuring that policies, processes and systems are standardised, consistent and up-to-date to meet the needs of the University’s strategic plan.
- This has three key tasks, Membership of the Executive Group, Change Management and Strategic Leadership. As a member of the Executive Group you will have a key role in supporting the effective management of change across the University including the alignment of workforce planning and HR strategy
- As part of the University’s 3-year plan you provide strategic HR direction and high-level advice to the Managing Board and advise senior teams on all matters concerning HR policy and practice
- You will also provide leadership and guidance on issues relating to the equality and diversity agenda and champion the University’s commitment to equality and diversity.
Pay and Benefits Programme Reform:
- This has three core tasks, establishing a remuneration and rewards policy, overseeing the development of the integrated HR / Payroll system and securing contract standardisation
- The aim is to ensure that the employee offer remains balanced and relevant to the needs of the University and its community.
Leadership of HR Functions:
- Providing effective leadership and day-to-day management of the department and its operational activities including the effective, efficient and economic deployment of physical, financial and human resources
- Ensuring that the HR function of the University is fit for purpose and delivers high quality-management information and metrics to support strategic planning
- Maintaining a cost effective, customer-driven approach to service delivery and engendering a service ethos among staff.
- A good honours Degree in related subject area
- HR qualification or Post Graduate qualification in Human Resources
- Consideration will be given to individuals with proven experience at or equivalent to Director level
- Significant experience as a HR practitioner dealing with the full breadth of personnel matters – at least 7 years
- Head of HR experience at departmental level
- Experience of operating at strategic level
- Evidence of managing complex change and development
- Evidence of strategic awareness and understanding of contemporary HR policy and practise
- Evidence of management skills that will facilitate the development of strong networks within the institution
- Project management experience
- Proven experience in an higher education establishment
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Leadership skills based on high professional and ethical standards, a commitment to diversity and inclusion and an ability to motivate and develop high-performing individuals and teams
- Outstanding communication, influencing and negotiating skills, including the ability to present complex HR information in an accessible way, both verbally and in writing
- Energy, resilience, impact and drive
- Ability to work independently or as a member of team in a constructive manner
- Inclusive, positive approaches to working within a diverse cultural context
Method of Application
Note: You must be either living in Abuja, Nigeria or open to relocating to Abuja, Nigeria as the successful candidate will need to be onsite at the university full time.
Interested and qualified? Go to MBU Capital career website on www.linkedin.com to apply