Riders for Health is an international not-for-profit NGO working to improve the capacity and efficiency of health care delivery platforms in Africa. Our vision is a world in which health care reaches everyone, everywhere. Our mission is to make the ‘last mile’ the most important mile in health care delivery: creating, showing and sharing the solutions for achieving truly equitable health care.
RFH is recruiting to fill the following vacancies: The positions are based in Abuja.
The successful candidate works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. The Workshop Manager is responsible for managing the vehicle management unit, overseeing all technical work, the supply chain of replacement parts, local marketing as well as the overall administration and financial management of the unit.
- He/ She must possess a first degree (BSc/HND) in Mechanical Engineering
- Must possess minimum of five (5) years post NYSC working experience.
- Must possess good knowledge of microsoft office especially excel.
- Good workshop supervisory or management experience is essential
- Manage, organize and control an efficient mechanical engineering workshop including the management of Technicians and Graded Workers
- Manage, plan, control and organize the planned preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance on all clients’ fleet and other equipments in order to maximize their lifespan and ensure safety.
- Allocate work on a daily basis to the technicians, monitoring progress and inspecting completed work to ensure the required standards are achieved.
- Manage unplanned work resulting from breakdown and emergencies, making sure they are dealt with in efficient manner by prioritizing.
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will report to the Country Director
- He/ She must possess a first degree (BSc/HND) in any field with minimum of 2-5 years working experience (Experience in NGO/development organizational setting an added advantage)
- Must be computer literate and able to use HR software
- Must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility.
- Must possess excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ensure that all statutory meetings in the organization are serviced and serve as Secretary to the Management meetings and put effect to all Management decisions and communicate to staff
- Proper maintenance of office building and equipment including insurances,
- Handle all staff matters which includes recruitment, deployment, discipline, leave matters, staff group insurance, maintenance of staff records, and ensuring adherence to the organization’s rules and regulations
- Facilitate the conduct of annual performance appraisals for all staff.
- Advise employees on new policy changes and implement all HR deliverables. Must be conversant with the Nigerian Labour Law.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CVs and application in word format using the position applied for as the subject of the email to Nigeria@riders.org not later than one (1) week of this publication.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.