Federal Polytechnic Ekowe is located on the Bank of the River NUN in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State. The Polytechnic has a mandate to produce middle and high level manpower in Aqua Agriculture, Oil and Gas, Applied and Enviromental Science programmes. The Polytechnic is in its founding years. The post of Rector of Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe, Bayelsa State shall become vacant on 1st February 2014.
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer of the Polytechnic.
- He is responsible to the Governing Council as provided for in the Federal Polytechnic Act.
- The Rector is responsible for the day to day management of the Academic, Administrative and financial affairs of the institution.
- The Rector must be able to meet and surmount the challenges of management and leadership in a reverine environment.
- The Rector must develop the institution to meet the technological demand of the society and environment.
Interested candidates for the post are expected to possess the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- Must hold at least a Master Degree in any of the following discipline: Engineering, Agriculture, Applied and Environment Sciences with a minimum of 15 years teaching experience in a higher institution.
- Must be at least a chief lecturer or equivalent in a higher institution.
- Must be proficient in ICT
- Must not be more than 55 years in age and enjoy good physical and mental health
- Must provide evidence of membership of academic/professional bodies
- Must provide evidence of strong academic administrative and visionary leadership and be effective in policy formulation. The candidate must be fair-minded and devoid of racial ethnic, political, religious and sectional interests.
- Must be able to attract research funds and development grants from local and international agencies.
Terms Of Appointment
The Rector shall be appointed for an initial period of four years. The position is renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The Rector enjoys a consolidated salary approval by the Federal Government.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are expected to submit 20 copies of applications including photocopies and CVs preferably in the following ‘order.
- Full names
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin and LGA
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current postal address, email and telephone number
- Educational institution and dates
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Membership of professional bodies
- Academic scholarly publications
- Conferences attended/papers and dates
- Previous and present employment with salary grades
- Activities outside paid employment
- A one page handwritten vision for the polytechnic
- Reference letters from 3 persons
Application are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of RECTOR” on the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe
C/o Polytechnic Liaison Office
Opposite New Commissioners Quarters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale