HMD Global Oy is the home of Nokia phones. A start up founded in Espoo, Finland, we are a collective of passionate and experienced people including some of the most talented and well-recognised leaders in the mobile industry today. Our aim is to create amazing mobile technology for everyone. We design and deliver trusted and innovative products under the iconic Nokia brand; products that are created to meet the diverse needs of global consumers, that are useful for everyone and that make life more exciting and inspiring for these consumers and our shared communities. We do this by bringing together the best of the industry to leverage world-class partnerships with manufacturers, operating systems, brands and suppliers.
We have a great opportunity for a Sales Operations professional to join us and provide strategic direction, planning and support execution for channel & retail operations in the market and to support the overall business strategy. As the Sales Team members are involved in the day to day execution, the role of the Sops Head (along with the Marketing Head) is to act as the nerve center for the local business and to steer the market in the right direction to ensure that the “engine” is healthy.
- Able to provide Strategic Direction to the Country Team
- Influence the area team as well as able to take the guidance (from Global/Area) and
- support execution in the LO.
- Seen as a thought leader in the country, functional expert to whom the team can look up for guidance.
- Responsible for overall channel healthy
- Support Sales Lead in designing channel strategy in alignment with HMD strategy.
- Channel Strategy – business models, guidance on partner infrastructure and resourcing, partner profitability, governance
- Leverage operator and online channels if relevant, leverage open channel, channel partners as a source of competitive advantage
- Analyzing market structures and assessing various options of improving distribution footprint in the relevant channels
- Assessment of pricing constructs and working with the local teams to implement changes to sustain competitiveness
- Support the Sales Lead to run the business and provide inputs in terms of future direction.
- Set up and drive the Sales Analytics and MIS/Governance and bring up the key insights on the business
- Use data based approach to challenge the status quo and always strive for improvement
- Support the sales teams with the relevant processes, tools and enablers to drive the business, putting in place the necessary review cadence to assess effectiveness of retail incentives which can be used as planning inputs for subsequent periods
Channel execution / Field Force Management:
- Planning and investments in retail operations to align with the focus areas of offering a great in- store shopping experience as well as driving higher conversion rate at retail.
- Support planning and execution of Best in Class Shopper Experience
- Monitor execution & adherence to guidelines via back checks as well as by driving external metrics and audit such as Mystery shopping, Vino.
- Guidance for Driving the Sales Capability team to assess competency of retail teams (promoters, field force), partner teams and even internal teams, and to ensure delivery of relevant training inputs as per agreed cadence.
- Deliver training to all relevant audience and channels ensuring quality and coverage.
- Provide the relevant tools, training and guidance for drive partner profitability discussion
To succeed in this role you will need/have:
- A miminum of 8 years commercial experience gained within sales operations and marketing
- You will have held a similar role before, within a consumer facing business, ideally within mobile/consumer electronics/fmcg. You will have extensive Partner and Channel Management experience
- You will have strong sales management and operations exposure
- You will speak fluent English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to HMD Global career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale