Career Opportunities at Andela
Posted on: 6 October, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Andela
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About the Role
- The business analyst’s (BA) job is to answer the most complex questions Success, Talent, and Learning teams have to answer.
- To do this, you will report into the Data team’s analytic’s arm, but work as a collaborative thought partner alongside Andela’s senior leadership.
- You will understand how each department works better than anyone else, and use that knowledge to deliver deep, actionable insights to leadership.
- You will do this through a mixture of external research, analysis of Andela’s internal data, and construction of predictive models.
- In addition to these analytical projects, you will also work with our Data Engineering and Technology teams to figure out how we can better collect key data in the future, and set up our systems to scale.
- Perhaps most importantly though, as a member of a new team in a rapidly growing startup, you will be vital in driving the entire company toward a data-first culture, and ensuring that we are making decisions not just quickly, but with confidence that a more knowable truth is supporting that decision.
- Analytical mindset which allows you to break down complicated problems into testable hypotheses that can be answered through data.
- Passion to work for a new organization within a company, including the chance to help create and define that role for future hires, evangelize a data-first mindset at the company, and to take on ownership of critical projects.
- A remote-first mindset that allows you to work collaboratively and asynchronously with team-members across the world.
- 2-5 years of work experience as a consultant, business analyst, or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with a background in statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with data analysis, business intelligence tools (e.g. Jupyter, Tableau), as well as Python or R.
- Intimate knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with PostgresSQL databases and ETL tools.
go to method of application »
- Works closely with the Directors of Success
- Responds to requests from the Account and Revenue teams regarding the availability of technical resources for partner engagements
- Works with developers on the bench to make sure that their skills are properly updated in the Andela Information System
- Evaluate new engagements as they are signed and kick off the developer application process for the engagement
- Evaluate all applications for an engagement and other potential resources and make recommendations to the Directors of Success on the best resources to staff on the engagement.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AndelaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Investment Marketer at Management Alternatives Limited
- .Net Developers at Graymerge Limited
- Cost Analyst at Compovine Technology Limited
- Career Opportunities at Accenture
- Customer Network Support Engineer at Ericsson Nigeria
- Information Technology Roles at Exolve Technologies Limited
- Business Development Manager at Google Nigeria