Program Officer - AIDSFree at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
Posted on: 8 August, 2017
Deadline: 14 August, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at John Snow Inc - JSI
John Snow Incorporated (JSI), is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
- AIDSFree is a global program managed by John Snow Inc. and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- In Nigeria, AIDSFree is implementing a new initiative to strengthen the sustainability of condom programming using a Total Market Approach (TMA).
- The Project is recruiting a Program Officer (PO) to provide project management support.
- The Program Officer will provide day-to-day support to project implementation, ongoing communication, and routine monitoring of the project workplan.
- The Program Officer will work closely with all technical and administrative teams and report to the Chief of Party (COP) or his designate.
- Manages routine communications with project stakeholders
- In collaboration with the COP and Technical advisors, coordinates and provides input to workplan development and monitoring.
- Appropriately consults with COP and the home-office Country Team to help make informed decisions
- Facilitates and participates in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of project reports
- Attends project-related and task team technical meetings, and debriefings.
- Supports country team in facilitating collaborative relationships with partner organizations, donors and clients
- Supports the teams to identify issues or potential risks and provides support to make informed decisions to address identified issues
- Participate in teams and technical meetings, prepare and circulate meeting agendas; prepare and circulate draft minutes of meetings; and following review by supervisory staff, revise and circulate finalized minutes including follow-up on outstanding tasks identified during the meeting
- Supports research and data collection activities of the project
- Assists COP with dissemination of information on project innovations, program results, lessons learned, and provides information for the project website
- Assists with administration and logistical arrangements for project workshops and meetings and maintains project technical files
- Assist Project leadership and other project staff with administrative tasks as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by the COP or his designate
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher Degree in the field of Pharmacy, Public Health, Public Administration or Project Management
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience or other relevant work experience providing program support/implementation on health-related project
- Good understanding of Nigeria's Health system and experience working on USAID's funded project
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to work comfortably with the MS Office package
- Ability to work independently and to manage projects in a team setting, with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet demanding timelines
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Program Officer" as the subject of the ma
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about John Snow Inc - JSISimilar Jobs
- Civil Engineer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Deputy Project Director-Global Fund at FHI 360
- Health Systems Adviser at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Head, Administration & General Services at Action Health Incorporated (AHI)
- Consultant - SCEEP Endline Evaluation at ActionAid Nigeria
- Emergency Coordinator, Northeast at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Clinic Assistant at the International Rescue Committee
- Humanitarian Capacity Strengthening Officer at Catholic Agency for Overseas Development