Jobs at SOS Children Villages
Posted on: 28 April, 2011
Deadline: 12 May, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SOS Children Villages
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages is a dynamic social development organisation working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at risk of losing parental care. SOS children's Villages International is the umbrella organisation that provides support and guidance to SOS member associations in over 132 countries worldwide. Working throughout the country. 80S Children's Villages Nigeria is in the process of recruiting dynamic individuals to guide and support the work with individual families participating in our programme in Jos (zawan), Kaduna and Ibadan. This programme aims to strengthen the capacity of families and communities. so that they are able to effectively protect and care for their children
Family Strengthening Manager : Jos, Kaduna and Ibadan
As Family Strengthening Manager you will be responsible for leading the planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of the family strengthening programme.
• Ensure effective implementation of plans - guiding & supporting the development of sustainable community responses to the situation of children at risk of losing parental care Ensure that those children who are most at risk participate in the programme.
Guiding & support the building of self-reliance in families.
• Build a strong programme team.
• Implement required administrative systems, as well as monitoring and evaluation systems.
• A degree (or equivalent) in development studies, social work, public administration, social sciences or other relevant subject
• At least 3 years experience in community development or social services. Management experience an added advantage
• Experience in project management, monitoring & evaluation An understanding of relevant social development issues
Excellent command of the English language and good verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in one or more of the languages of the target community( s)
• Basic financial management skills
• Basic computer skills (windows. word, excel)
• A valid driver's license (or learning to drive)
• Highly organised, able to work independently, use initiative and keep commitments
Field Officers. Lagos, Jos
As a Field Officer, you will be responsible for leading the initial assessment of families being
considered to participate in the programme.
Facilitate the preparation-of the families' first development plans
• Support co-workers of community-based partner organisations in their work with families Support the delivery of support services by the programme
Support monitoring & evaluation of the programme
Perform other specialist roles that maybe assigned to you by your Line Manager
• A degree (or equivalent) in community development, social work, social sciences or other
• At least 1 year experience in community development or social services
• An understanding of issues facing orphans & vulnerable children
• Fluency in one or more of the languages of the target community(ies) Good verbal and written communication skills
Basic computer skills (windows, word, excel)
Positive & professional approach: organised, able to work independently and keep commitments.
• A competitive salary & benefits package Opportunity to work for a well-respected NGO .
In accordance with the organisation's child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Project Accountant (fulltime)
Bachelor Degree/HND in Accountancy. Additional professional qualification will be an advantage
Financial management skill.
Basic computer skills (windows, word, excel and financial packages) Minimum of 3 years cognate working experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send your application (detailed CV and motivation letter) along with three traceable references to:
The National Director,
SOS Children's Villages. Nigeria,
35 Ogunmefun Street. Pedro-Palmgrove, Lagos
P.O. Box 660 Shomolu Lagos-Nigeria
Email address email@example.com
Closing date: 12th May, 2011
Note: Please state the position and preferred location as the Subject of your mail. These vacancies are for an Initial two year contract, and are renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SOS Children VillagesSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at CBM International
- Latest Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Logistics Vacancy at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Latest Job Opening at The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Job Vacancy at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opportunity at Abt Associates