MAG’s Vision: A safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG’s Mission: MAG saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development.
Overview of role:
Field coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of community liaison initiatives in order to ensure community liaison activities contribute to achieving MAG’s mission of saving lives and building futures of mines, UXOs and IEDs affected people.
Project Planning and Coordination:
- Assist the CLM in the development of work plans for community liaison activities to ensure the MAG meets donor outputs and operational requirements.
- Ensure that Community Liaison Teams implement activities according to the approved work plans, international standards and in line with MAGs mission and vision.
- Support the CLM in information management processes, to ensure effective analysis and production of accessible information for broader use and various audiences.
- Support the CLM in internal and external reporting requirements.
- Ensure staff comply with security policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
RE Training and Representation
- Support the CLM to develop RE training materials.
- Deliver risk education to at-risk groups of the population, government employees, partner organizations and/or UN/NGO actors.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with external stakeholders, including government agencies/ authority, local communities and other humanitarian organisations.
- Work in compliance with MAG’s Policies, including but not limited to Equal Opportunities, Code of Conduct and Dignity at Work Policies.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required
- An understanding of NGOs and a commitment to humanitarian work
- Experience of managing a small team ensuring that work is of a consistently high quality
- Experience of using participatory techniques to gather information in at-risk communities
- Experience of carrying out community-based education activities or similar
- Good knowledge and understanding of local communities, their norms and culture
- Ability to record information accurately and clearly
- Experience of planning and organising activities, including management of finance and resources
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships and work with colleagues in a cooperative way
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage with an audience
- Ability to speak Hausa and or Kanuri is a plus
- Must be resident in Maiduguri
Method of Application
Please send your application in English with your CV and cover letter in the same document.
Your application document should be titled in the following format: MAG_BNOCLC_YOUR NAME, and this should also be the subject of your email
Note that applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be reviewed.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Any applications received after this date will not be considered.