University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital - The Management of University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the soon to be vacant position of:
Location: Port Harcourt
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies
- and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental Practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than Twelve (12) years post qualification;
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Evidence of Medical Research is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT is an advantage.
Salary & Allowances
- Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
go to method of application »
Location: Port Harcourt
- The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director for the day to day general administration of the Hospital
- He/she shall be Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director and Secretary to the Board of Management.
- In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the department responsible for administration
- Participating in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and/or the Board;
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director, may from time to time assign to him/her
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good First Degree in either Hospital/Health Services Management or the Humanities or Social Science from a recognized university or it's equivalent.
- A post Graduate Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Candidates must have not less than twenty (20) years of post qualification experience,
- Possession of Master's Degree or any other relevant higher Degrees would be an added advantage
- Fellow or Associate of the Institute of Hospital Administrators of Nigeria (IHSAN) or any other relevant professional body
Salary & Conditions of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officers.
- The Director of Administration shall hold the office effective from the date of appointment Inclusive of any period previously served as Director in any other organization in the Public Service, provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or thirty-five (35) years of service (whichever comes first) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The Director of Administration
University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital,
Candidates should also enclose the following items below in the envelope:
- His/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
- Curriculum Vitae which must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness,
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referees.