We are a leading player in the Agricultural sector with our shares quoted on the Nigerian stock exchange. We are involved in the development, cultivation and processing of Palm Oil and Rubber. Our plantation is located in Edo State of Nigeria.
Palm Plantation Manager
We require the services of a Nigerian as a Palm Plantation Manager who will be a member of the management team of the company. The Palm Plantation Manager will be expected to perform the following among other functions:
• Manage a Palm plantation of about 10,000 ha of both mature and immature oil Palm.
• Ensure that agronomic standards are adhered to as directed by the Company
• Control a work force of around 2000 personnel
• Manage subordinates who will be both locals and expatriates
• Be capable of running both the palm and rubber plantations when the Agricultural coordinator is away.
• Contribute positively to the growth of the company.
• The incumbent shall report to the Agricultural Manager
Our ideal candidate should be someone who holds at least a first degree in the Agricultural Science or a related discipline, with not less than 10 years experience in plantation management or the like. The successful candidate should possess managerial and leadership competencies and should be able to work on their own, manage subordinates and be highly self motivated. Furthermore, the candidate should be able to make decisions without hesitation and should be willing to work outside of normal working hours where necessary.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, based on the applicant's expertise and/or experience. This includes a company car and fully furnished housing.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae by no later than Wednesday the 27th April 2011 to the Managing Director, Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc, Okomu/Udo, Benin City Edo State. Alternatively, No.38, Oskar Ibru Way (Formally Marine Road) Apapa, Lagos.