Quality Laboratory Technicians at The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited
Posted on: 14 February, 2017
Deadline: 21 February, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Nigerian Bottling Company
The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Job Reference: QLT/02/2017
Department: Quality & Sustainability
- The Quality Laboratory Technician reports to the Process Control Manager in the Plant. The role comprises supporting Brand protection and food safety through implementation and assurance of compliance to all company specified standards, to support plant packaging and raw material management program.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Implementation and monitoring of all laboratory checks to CCH and/or Coca Cola standards and frequency including raw materials
- Conduct Quality checks as per Quality Plan as and when required, responsible for the administration of all chemical and/or microbiological requirements. Ability to input all data to SAP.
- Detention of all non-conforming product, analysis of same, generation of and implementation of outcome, and reporting of each to the Plant Manager.
- Implementation of corrective actions generated from day-to-day activities including Quality results, consumer complaints, microbiological trends etc.
- Assurance of the effective activation of all activities required to deliver the required standards of the plant hygiene program through the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the compliance to the plant microbiological program.
- Generation and timely submission of all reports and documents as required by management, including stock control, corrective action report generation.
- HACCP program support.
- Reporting / Analysis of QA Technician compliance to the PCM.
- Manage line raw material and ingredient trial process.
- Manage continuous improvement projects relating to Quality.
- Support development and execution of plant Calibration program.
- Generate Statistical Process Control Studies.
- Contribute to the development of the Coca Cola Quality System.
- Conduct audits as per schedule & sustainability requirements.
- Conduct all continuous improvement initiatives relating to the Sustainability function as & when required.
- Conduct all duties relating to this role as and when required.
Desired Candidate Profile
- HND / B.Sc in Food Science and Technology or Applied Sciences. 3 to 5 years experience in the FMCG Sector, and atleast 6 months experience within a food/drinks production environment.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work 3 shift pattern
- Work unsupervised within a team environment
- Problem solving ability.
- Influencing skills.
- Previous experience of Quality risk analysis/management.
- Experience of working in a microbiological laboratory.
- Statistical Process Control Trained.
- Knowledge of HACCP Principles
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigerian Bottling CompanySimilar Jobs
- General Accountant at GZ Industries
- IT Officer at Graceco Nigeria Limited
- Territory Sales Manager (TSM) at Perfetti Van Melle Nigeria Limited
- Elevator Technician at JMG Limited
- Warehouse Officer at Erisco Foods Limited
- Regional Sales Managers at Sona Industrial Gases Limited (SIGL)
- Area Sales Manager at Armorsil West Africa
- Procter and Gamble Fresh Graduate Internship Program 2017