CapitalSquare is a membership-based coworking space in Lekki, Lagos.
We've designed an awesome low-cost workspace for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small business owners, and we're building a community of independent professionals who like, support, and learn from one another.
Apart from just providing a space to work, we also actively help our members improve their skills and grow their businesses, by running a variety of workshops, trainings, and networking events, specifically tailored to the needs of small businesses.
Start Date: Immediate
Minimum Qualification: BSc. /HND
Experience Required: 0 - 3 years.
Reports to: CEO
What’s this role about?
The Community Manager is a key member of our Core Team. She is the “Chief Happiness Officer”, and is responsible for ensuring that everyone who interacts with the company has an amazing experience that reflects the unique company culture. She is the energy in the room, naturally able to energise and connect people with little effort.
She provides exceptional, professional service to existing and potential clients, and ensures that the physical environment is at optimum capacity, conducive to work, and with a good mix of coworkers, in order to increase member retention within the community.
We want you if:
- You pay a lot of attention to detail.
- You take your work seriously, and you never let anything leave your table without checking it twice.
You’re warm, outgoing, and great with people.
- If you know how to manage people’s expectations and reactions (especially when things don’t go as planned), then this role may just be for you.
- Are you the sort of person that has ‘a guy’ for everything? Are you the one people go to when they don’t know how to get things done, because you always have the answer? We want you!
You can take ownership of a project and manage it fully.
- You can get things done without constant reminders or someone looking over your shoulder. If something needs doing, we can trust you to get it done quickly and efficiently.
You can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- There’s always a ton stuff to do in a coworking space, and you need to differentiate between the important, urgent, and not-so-important tasks, and do the right thing at the right time.
You have exceptional communication skills.
- You must know how to write and speak in a professional environment, and be able to clearly communicate the benefits and shortfalls of competing options.
- You’re great with everyday office software, e.g. Word, Excel, and web-based tools like Google Drive, and you’re generally comfortable with learning new technology.
- You love to learn new things and make an impact wherever you are.
- You’re passionate (and in-the-know) about startups and small businesses.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the coworking space members, making sure that everyone feels a sense of community and ownership, and that everyone pitches in to keep the space running smoothly.
- Organising and coordinating in-house activities (workshops, networking, lunch and learns, movie nights, outings, etc) aimed at growing the community and adding value to our members and their businesses.
- Actively getting to know our members and connecting them to each other, based on their interests and needs.
- Managing the member database, making sure all information about our members is complete and up to date.
- Attending to visitors, giving tours of the space, and answering any questions they might have about what we offer.
- Keeping the space generally upbeat and making sure people are having a great experience.
- Acting as our in-house DJ during the regular workday and at events.
- Carrying out day-to-day customer service, invoicing, collections, and general admin support.
- Making sure that the space is clean and tidy, and all equipment and facilities are working optimally.
- Managing meeting room and event bookings, and other resource allocations.
- Marketing the space to potential customers over our sales/communication networks, and at events.
- Identifying and reaching out to potential partners for our events or member benefits.
- Work with an amazing team at a company that respects and values you.
- Become part of a growing community of creative and inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Access to all the same learning and networking opportunities available to our members: workshops, office hours, business talks, and more.
- Competitive salary and performance-based commission
- Health insurance (including optical and dental)
- Training allowance
You must be:
Familiar with (and excited about) the concept of coworking spaces
Based in Lagos State: Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, or Ajah preferable (or at least, transport to Ikoyi or Lekki won't be an issue).
Please only apply if you meet all the requirements.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CapitalSquare career website on capitalsqua.re to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale