Job Openings at Peen Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 18 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Peen Nigeria Limited
Peen Nigeria Limited is licensed to provide Stevedoring services in Nigeria and we are presently recruiting to fill the position of a Terminal Operation Manager and Dock Worker with vast experience in terminal and stevedore operations.
- Manage vessel and cargo operations, through direct supervision of stevedores at vessels and/or off site, as assigned by management.
- Chair pre and post operations meetings with stevedores in order to continually improve quality and production.
- Direct labor orders with stevedores.
- Coordinate vessel movements and operations with local port agents, processors, and Headquarters. .
- Manage operating costs in area and review all stevedore and terminal invoices.
- Monitor production and cargo handling costs.
- Assist in negotiating stevedore and terminal contracts.
- Quality control and damage prevention.
- Maintain close contact with auto manufacture port reps, port processors, and surveyors.
- Use data to improve stevedores' quality handling of cargo.
- Prepare countermeasures and policies for stevedore use and improve overall service to customers.
- Vessel stow planning and coordination as needed by HQ.
- Prepare vessel stow plans in order to maximize vessel utilization for greatest cargo volume and revenue.
- Knowledge of vessel stability needed.
- Work with trade lanes to monitor cargo projections and cargo acceptance of out of gauge cargoes.
- Work with terminals and stevedores to accept cargo various cargoes and also minimize costs.
- Demonstrate effective "Innovation Value" by benchmarking and incorporated change for positive results.
- Develop new liner business in line with existing and new service deployments and create process to manage pipeline of new business development and diversification.
- 5 yrs experience within the maritime industry in the area of vessel and terminal operations.
- Thorough understanding of vessel and marine terminal operations.
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office and mainframe applications.
- Vessel Stowage Systems if any knowledge of vessel stability.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Demonstrate effective "Integrity Value" by consistently acting courteously with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Demonstrate "Intensity Value" by working diligently and effectively with fellow team members.
go to method of application »
- Load and unload vessels
- Operate heavy vehicles and machinery, such as straddle carriers, forklifters and ship cranes, to load and unload cargo from trucks, ships and rail transport services
- Position goods in the holds of the ship
- Secure cargo on ships using braces to hold it in place
- Carry out safety checks on equipment
- Secure and release mooring lines of ships
- Clean out ship’s tanks and holds
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Possess skills on how to handle different types of cargo, particularly containers of dangerous substances
- Knowledge of basic customs and shipping company documents
- Ability to interpret ship loading plans.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Peen Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Sales Vacancies at First Katalyst Marketing (27 Positions)
- Latest Jobs at Paul Esther Consulting
- Sales Representatives at Thinkshifts Limited
- Sales Executives at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Jobs at PG Consulting limited
- Sales and Marketing Jobs at Vitalysis Group
- Senior Officer, Liability Generation at The Concept Group
- Sales Executive at MyJobMag.com