Central Digital Printers offers a full range of printing services including - Prepress, Impress, Digital prints, Security printing and finishing of printed materials. We offer an unrivaled professional service. Our range of carefully selected equipment ensures world class delivery on every job.
We operate the most sophisticated machinery on the market and ensure we keep abreast of the fast development in the area of technology and applications to remain competitive and remain on the cutting edge of printing technology.
We are currently building a team of professionals and thus have the following vacancies.
Job Purpose: As General Manager required to work for a large Printing Press based in Abuja, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Printing Press including, HR, Sales, Finance, Production etc. You will be accountable for the overall success of the Printing Press.
· communicating company values, strategies, and objectives;
· ensuring profitability and smooth running of the company
· assigning accountabilities;
· planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
· developing a climate for offering information and opinions
· Increases management's effectiveness by working with managers through the process of recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff;
· Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; making recommendations.
· Accomplishes objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
· Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
· Builds company image and contributes to strengthening the brand
· enforcing ethical business practices.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· In order to be considered for this role you must have a strong technical understanding of printed products as well as the processes and materials involved.
· You must have a thorough understanding of print equipment and capacity requirements
· Minimum Bachelors degree(second class upper division) in any relevant field, MBA is a plus
· You must posses a minimum of 10 years experience within printed press in a supervisory or management role
· Excellent communication skills, Management, leadership, finance, sales, People Management and negotiation skills
Job Purpose: Ensures all departments responsible for efficient, high quality production of printed products perform duties according to company policies. Manages staff to ensure business objectives are met.
· Running and managing day-to-day business operations
· Producing business reports for the Board
· Dealing with contractors and service providers to the company
· Negotiating deals for the company
· Keeping abreast of evolving printing technology
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and other system documentation including applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work including shifts, vacation schedules; performance evaluation; rewarding and disciplining employees.
· Maintains positive and effective relationships with employees, analyzing causes of complaints and dissatisfaction with work. Advises and guides employees on policies affecting activities and working conditions.
· Assigns crews for overtime when authorized.
· Achieves a high level of employee efficiency and morale through strong consistent leadership and the use of sound management and human relation principles.
· Maintains confidentiality
· Persuades others to a point of view consistent with goals of company.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with other employees within company and our customers.
· Minimum of a bachelors degree (second class upper division) or masters degree in Computing, Graphic Design, Printing or Engineering, or any relevant field
· A minimum of Ten (10) years post-graduation, management work experience in a reputable printing press
· Computer skills (intermediate level)
· An aptitude for, or an interest in, electrical; mechanical and technological things.
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the prepress department and coordinating production orders with scheduling according to Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions.
Must possess and maintain a working understanding of basic printing theory, including digital imposition, trapping, overprinting, screen ruling/angles, dot/press gain, paper characteristics, pagination, ink density, ghosting, color space, gathering lip, foil stamping, embossing, die cutting and color theory. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Oversees and ensures smooth running of the pre-press department
· Ensures all efficiencies and cost controls are being met.
· Develops new and improved methods for increasing production while meeting efficiency and utilization targets.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe, orderly and clean work environment.
· Requisitions materials. Maintains JIT inventory.
· Makes specific project assignments for all shifts as prescribed by the master schedule.
· Recommends and shows justification for new equipment purchases.
· Reports projects completed and status of in-progress work.
· Directs activities to meet customer requirements of quality, quantity and delivery.
· Develops a maintenance program that keeps machinery clean and in good condition.
· Minimum of a bachelors degree (second class upper division) or masters degree in Computing, Graphic Design, Printing or Engineering, or any relevant field ; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of techniques used in offset /digital printing to produce finished printed materials preferred.
· Two to five years of experience in a position requiring supervision, management or leadership skills preferred.
· Intermediate computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office including an email application such as Lotus Notes or the equivalent, proficient data entry skills.
· Proficient in prepress software applications such as Acrobat, Chrome, Prinergy or RBA, Quark, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as prepress software applications, hardware and server platforms to the extent necessary to assist in upgrades, work with vendors and train subordinates.
· Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
· Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales Representatives
· Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
· Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
· Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
· Conducts one-on-one review with all Sales Representatives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Sales Representative’s sales and activity performance.
· Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
· Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
· Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Sales Representatives.
· 5-7 years of experience in sales management.
· Strong interpersonal skills, communication and people management skills.
· Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
· Computer literacy
· Experience in the printing/printing press industry will be an advantage
· Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
· Studies layout or other instructions to determine work to be done and sequence of operations.
· Views monitors for visual representation of work in progress and for instructions and feedback throughout process.
· Activates options, such as masking or text processing; enters data, such as background color, shapes, and coordinates of images; and retrieves data from system memory to assemble elements on pages.
· Retrieves images from system memory; activates options, such as masking, pixel editing, airbrushing, or image retouching; and enters data, such as coordinates of images and color specifications, into system to retouch and make color corrections.
· Saves completed work on floppy disks or magnetic tape.
· May create special effects, such as vignettes, mosaics, and image combining.
· May be designated according to area of specialization and be known as Electronic Color Correction Operator; Electronic Page Makeup System Operator; Pagination System Operator.
· Applies knowledge of basic offset printing, digital printing or photocopy equipment and associated finishing equipment.
· Assignments include producing a wide variety of printed materials having routine technical requirements
· Cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
· Has contact with customers to discuss job orders.
· Applies knowledge of electronic pre-press software.
· Applies knowledge on how to operate folding, binding, collating and other finishing equipment.
· Applies existing procedures and guidelines in completing the runs or printing services.
· Produces printed material according to job requirements and application of existing procedures and guidelines.
· Ensures finished documents are prepared according to job orders and in conformance with company standard.
· Must have completed education up to OND level minimum
· Must be computer literate
· Knowledge of Printing technology and use of offset and digital printing equipment (desirable)
· Ability to use computer graphics software e.g. Adobe Photoshop, in design, acrobat, Corel draw, etc (desirable)
The admin & finance manager is accountable for the effective management of all company resources (e.g. staff, money, space, equipment, etc. to ensure that the companies’ goals are attained with efficient disbursement of resources
· To contribute to the overall leadership, strategic planning and management of the company
· Ensure accurate, complete & timely financial and management reporting, including monthly management accounts, balance sheet control
· Undertake ad hoc financial analysis from time to time, to assist in evaluating profitability of income streams, and potential for cost efficiencies
· Statutory Accounts & audit liaison
· Providing finance and other reports as required for quarterly meetings
· Financial control and accounting of the office
· Manage budget process & consolidation, including periodic re-forecasts
· Continuous review all finance policies & internal control procedures
· Responsibility for managing company IT
· Operation of payroll , management of employer stakeholder pension plan
· Responsibility for all tax affairs
· Ensure HR policies & processes are in place and adhered to
· Company Secretarial Matters – annual returns and other
· Risk Management - maintain Risk Register
· Line management of finance team and Operations Support team members
· Property/ Office Management, including ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, managing supplier contracts (eg. landlord, office machines)
· Qualified ACCA, ICAN Accountant, including relevant post qualification experience
· Proficiency in financial accounting & reporting, including external statutory reporting and audit
· Management accounting experience including budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting
· Proven ability for implementing and monitoring financial controls
· Staff management experience
· Knowledge of legal and personnel issues
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Have strong influencing and leadership skills
· Have excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
· Be resilient and able to work well under pressure, prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively
· Have a strategic outlook with the ability to drive change where necessary
· Have experience of motivating & developing teams – including performance management & appraisals
· Be highly competent with Information Technology
· Have a high degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy and corporate spirit
· Have a hands on approach and be a team player
Please send an application letter stating why you should be selected for the position you are applying for as well as a passport photograph and curriculum vita to : email@example.com
Clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject of the mail
Application deadline: 1st March 2013